Got my Shure E2c's
Feb 4, 2005 at 2:55 AM Post #46 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by james3shin
After reading the original post and looking at the pics, the e2c's are definately not for me...thanks for the info, this was like a review, and a good one at that. Many thanks.

If you don't mind me asking, why would you say that? There are definitely negative aspects to this product but which ones in particular hit you?

Feb 4, 2005 at 6:14 PM Post #47 of 64
Just got them ! Isolation is impressive !

Right now, only the foams are comfy. I'm impatient to test the super soft things !

Feb 5, 2005 at 2:37 AM Post #48 of 64
After another day with the flex sleeves I can say I'm ready for those soft ones too. The flex create this pressure in my ear that makes it hard and uncomfortable to insert (pulling up on the ear is a must). I must've fiddled for 5 minutes to get the right seal. Once there, they were great. I guess I gotta get used to it.

Really, the foamies offer amazing sound and a perfect seal. I'd be tempted to use them if they weren't such a pain to use. Heck, maybe I will use them, I'll give it a try. It's worth it if it saves me 5 minutes of fiddling.

Feb 5, 2005 at 4:11 AM Post #49 of 64
I think the size of the e2c's are a bit daunting to me. They look a bit awkward compared to say the e3c's, which don't seem that much smaller as well, or the EX71's. After reading this review I am more inclined towards the E3c's then before. Good review, once again.

Feb 5, 2005 at 5:07 AM Post #50 of 64
I just listened to my e2c's after having left them burning in for the past couple days, and I have to say I like them 10x more than I did before. I was disappointed with them at first; the mids seemed overwhelming and the bass and highs lacking. However, now I definitely like them more than my ex71's and ksc-75s (also very recently purchased). I am skeptical about this whole burning in thing, but psychological or physical, I like them a whole lot more now, and I don't care why. I've grown used to the foamies, too.

Feb 5, 2005 at 5:44 AM Post #51 of 64
I let my e2c's go all night on my stereo, and today they are sounding MUCH better. I use them with the medium foam ones.

And for all of you who want the ultra-soft flex sleeves, i just emailed Shure asking when they were coming out with them, they said March, but they are sending me a pair of each size for free. Should be here next week.

Feb 5, 2005 at 8:53 AM Post #52 of 64
SWEET!

I just sent them a request for a sample pair of the new flex tips for the e2c's

Ill let you guys know if they send me some tips, if so, I think they may have a barrage or requests afterwards
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 5, 2005 at 2:36 PM Post #53 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
SWEET!

I just sent them a request for a sample pair of the new flex tips for the e2c's

Ill let you guys know if they send me some tips, if so, I think they may have a barrage or requests afterwards
smily_headphones1.gif

i just emailed them last week about this and they shot me down. i ended up ordering 10x pack of small foamies then. that's not cool...

Feb 5, 2005 at 2:46 PM Post #54 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLaZeR
I let my e2c's go all night on my stereo, and today they are sounding MUCH better. I use them with the medium foam ones.

And for all of you who want the ultra-soft flex sleeves, i just emailed Shure asking when they were coming out with them, they said March, but they are sending me a pair of each size for free. Should be here next week.

Whoa no way. Where can I request that?

Feb 5, 2005 at 7:32 PM Post #55 of 64
Mmm, i don't know...I didn't even ask and they offered them to me free of charge. Email them i guess.

Feb 5, 2005 at 8:31 PM Post #57 of 64
I've got the phone number, hold on a second...

The items you requested are listed below.

Item 1 - White-Large, 304641511 -- $8.95 ea.
Item 2 - White-Medium, 422043811 -- $5.65 ea.
Item 3 - White-Small, 422043911 -- $5.65 ea.
Item 4 - Black-Large, 304641521 -- $6.95 ea.
Item 5 - Black-Medium, 422043821 -- $4.95 ea.

Item 6 - Black-Small, 422043921 -- $4.95 ea.

You may place your order using the link below or call 1-800-488-7669.

There ya go!

Feb 6, 2005 at 3:06 AM Post #58 of 64
itch, what e-mail (Shure has several)? And what did you say to make them give you a free pair?
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 7, 2005 at 1:34 AM Post #59 of 64
I also recieved my shure e2's bought from nleahcim,

and I must say, the plastic tips, are impossible. i tried the smallest and i can get them with a lot of trouble in. And when they are in they hurt my hears. The foamies are far more comfortable, only i feel this pressure in my ear when i have them in, which gets a bit annoying over time, is this something i'll get used too? Or is this something to be troubled about.

well atleast i can't wait for the ultra soft sleeves, hope they improve the comfort

Feb 7, 2005 at 2:05 AM Post #60 of 64
You should adjust more and more to the foamies as time goes by, partially because you become used to the pressure, and partially because the foamies soften up quite a bit with regular ear time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back