Got my Shure E2c's
Feb 3, 2005 at 8:22 AM Post #17 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Enjoy them!! I like mine a lot. Im starting to prefer their sonic signature over my KSC75.

Takes some fiddling to get them to fit right. I use med or large foamies. I also trimmed a little foam off the end so the tube inserts further into my ear.

I found a noticeable difference after burn-in.

**edit**
IMHO theyre very detailed... Im starting to hear flaws in my 160-192 MP3s....
Garrett

i've just received my ksc-75s (but have had PP, KSC-35, and KSC-50 before)... and i have to say that i find the ksc-75 more balanced and exciting. ... they just bring the guitars out of my music and the bass is there to keep a beat. when out in public, or anywhere else that requires isolation, e2c gets the pick. actually, i carry both around
biggrin.gif

but real question here... anybody know where i can get cheap foam sleeves? i need some more small and mediums

Feb 3, 2005 at 8:47 AM Post #18 of 64
Just wondering but...do you guys use the little stick-on wax filter?

Feb 3, 2005 at 9:26 AM Post #19 of 64
sweet, ordered mine from comp-u-plus for $75 today.

I didnt know if it was worth the extra $50 for the e3c's since I will be using these for outdoor use and the gym. and I have a tendency losing or throwing away stuff. So I wasnt too willing to spend $135 for the e3cs, when they might ending up breaking, I threw away my stock muvo earphones, lost the foamies thus they sound even more like crap and my $8 sony ear hook earbuds, snagged it on a dumbell at the gym and ripped the cord right out of the ear bud.

hopefully the e2cs will be built a lot more rugged. I prefer the look of the e2cs too, its more of a conversation starter, unlike the e3cs which look like every other ear bud made for the Ipod.

Plus the e2c's look more like the e5cs
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 3, 2005 at 11:42 AM Post #20 of 64
Mine should arrive today or tomorrow... Aaarrgghh, I can't wait !!

Feb 3, 2005 at 1:37 PM Post #21 of 64
i'll tell ya somethnig, the highs improve a LOT. my friend's did, at least, after burn- in (or did you do that already?) they hurt my ears at frist, but 2 weeks later he lent to me again...wow..sparkling highs

and the voices were like the best voices on haedphones ive ever heard (seeing i only heard a few cans liek the A900s...heh)

Feb 3, 2005 at 2:31 PM Post #22 of 64
Sugarfried sent me several pairs of the new medium soft flex sleeve. They are much more substantial and more isolating than the EX71 tips and much softer than the silicon tips. Anyway, I'll spread the wealth, so I'll send a pair to the first person to reply below.

Feb 3, 2005 at 2:33 PM Post #23 of 64
Me ! Me ! Me!

Feb 3, 2005 at 2:43 PM Post #24 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by viator122
Sugarfried sent me several pairs of the new medium soft flex sleeve. They are much more substantial and more isolating than the EX71 tips and much softer than the silicon tips. Anyway, I'll spread the wealth, so I'll send a pair to the first person to reply below.

i'd like to try a pair if anyone wants to send some my way, possibly trade for my silicone tips (s/m/l)

Feb 3, 2005 at 2:56 PM Post #25 of 64
Quote:

When will these be available and how much will they be? I'm contemplating getting the E2C's today from buy.com for $55 shipped. Hard to pass up that deal. I had a pair of EX71's but returned them because of fit problems. Hopefully the E2C's will be an improvement in both fit and sound.

Feb 3, 2005 at 4:10 PM Post #27 of 64
My thoughts...

IMHO the mids mellow out just a little and bass becomes more resonant after burn in. Also the treble seems to improve just a little as a by-product of the mids mellowing. I'd love for some one else to burn theirs and see if I am way off base. IMHO you need an amp or high powered receiver to burn them in. Neither of my creative MP3 players are powerfull enough to really push them. I find myself using my EQ much less post burn-in.

I wasnt using the wax guards for the first week... then I noticed little bits of earwax getting inside. Now I use the guards. I cant tell a difference in the sound with or without.

IMHO the KSC75 has a pretty deep midrange recession from ~400-900Hz as part of its signature. A lot of guitar cabinet and tube overdrive resonance resides from 80-800Hz. IMHO guitars sound a little thin on the KSC75, but it works well with some songs. I also carry both in my backpack... the (post burn-in) e2c clearly beats out the KSC75 with SRV and Eric Johnson. Download SRVs "Little Wing" and do an A/B comparison between the KSC and the e2c the difference is subtle but clearly there.

Enjoy those e2cs everyone!! Im loving mine, and cant wait for the soft tips. I hope my foamies last me through the month.

Garrett

Feb 3, 2005 at 4:14 PM Post #28 of 64
The foamies should definitely last you a month if they have to. If/when they start to get dirty, just wash them out with warm water and some gentle hand soap. Squeeze them out and let them dry before you put them back on.

Feb 3, 2005 at 4:24 PM Post #29 of 64
Quote:

arrrr i want a pair aswell
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back