Got my Sextetts!! -- Updated with some PICS
May 21, 2008 at 11:15 PM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by jellojoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good luck getting your replacements parts in less than a week from Frank. I believe the normal wait time is measured in months.

When I talked to him, he said he had everything in stock. I sure hope they show up in the next week. I've also been charged already.

May 22, 2008 at 5:35 AM Post #18 of 28
He probably had the stuff ordered for me then realized that I lived in Canada and he doesn't ship here
frown.gif

The guy in Montreal hasn't responded yet either.

May 22, 2008 at 6:32 AM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by CareyB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He probably had the stuff ordered for me then realized that I lived in Canada and he doesn't ship here
frown.gif

The guy in Montreal hasn't responded yet either.

Most shops selling musical instruments or studio gear carry AKGs, and some of them have spare parts. The pads for the K240 studio are the same, so you might be able to find them locally. As for the elastics, you can DIY them while you wait for the originals.

May 25, 2008 at 1:37 AM Post #22 of 28
Very nice Kejar31. Where did you get yours? Are these ones from musicdirect sextetts? They say 600ohm in the name, but in the features it says 55ohm. Also, what are those stands you have? Where did you get them?

May 25, 2008 at 1:44 AM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyMe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's a K240S. They stopped making Sextetts like 25 years ago.

Ah I realized that. I thought maybe they gave it a recent revival.

May 25, 2008 at 8:42 AM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by kejar31 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
updated the original post with some pics of the Sextetts with my recable
biggrin.gif

Cool job. Did you notice any sound differences after your recable? Or was it mostly for aesthetics and the plug?

Thanks.

May 25, 2008 at 9:26 AM Post #26 of 28
Looks good! I noticed a weird thing on my MKIVse connected to my Sexttet, if I set my amp to low gain, the SQ is much better. This is weird because I always thought they were really hard to drive and thus needed high gain (300ohm+). All it sais on the can is 4-600ohm, odd.

May 25, 2008 at 1:24 PM Post #27 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabeer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool job. Did you notice any sound differences after your recable? Or was it mostly for aesthetics and the plug?

Thanks.

Its hard to say if I heard a difference or not, as I have yet to spend allot of time with them. I think it sounds better but who knows. The primary reason I recabled them was becouse I wanted a shorter cable with a 1/8 inch plug. Oh and yea the looks don't heart either
evil_smiley.gif

May 25, 2008 at 4:26 PM Post #28 of 28
Nice pics. I just received mine and I'll be calling Frank this week for parts to restore them. Please update when you receive the pads and elastics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back