Got my Sennheiser HD598's
Nov 7, 2012 at 2:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Irishpwnstar

Head-Fier
They showed up yesterday and wow! I love them so much. I'm using the FiiO E11 to amp them.
Their clarity is exactly what I wanted for my first step into the hifi world and Flacs are just so dreamy. I'm in love, they're so comfortable and light on my head.
Any other headfi'ers love their 598s?

Nov 7, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #2 of 28
Yes. They were my first step into more serious audio and i will never forget the first time i listened to Jean-Michel Jarre's
"Zoolookologie". It was as if i was floating mid air and sounds were so vivid and flying all around me.
After it finished playing i kept sitting in the chair for the next 10 minutes with a huge smile, thinking: "what the hell just happened?" . The single most awesome experience in my life so far. 
GREAT headphones, no question :)

Nov 7, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #3 of 28
Quote:
They showed up yesterday and wow! I love them so much. I'm using the FiiO E11 to amp them.
Their clarity is exactly what I wanted for my first step into the hifi world and Flacs are just so dreamy. I'm in love, they're so comfortable and light on my head.
Any other headfi'ers love their 598s?

I just got a pair of HD598s as a gift for a friend.  Began to test them last night.  Even as a proud owner of the high end HD800 and HE-500, these headphones are still incredibly enjoyable.  Even more enjoyable with a high end tube amp, so look forward to that!

Nov 7, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #4 of 28
I'm over the moon with the 598's. These headsets have everything I could want in SQ and style to boot. 

I'm not amping mine at all and they sound great. I tried with my Yamaha A2070 amp and didn't notice any perceptible difference (I think's it's 100 ohm out for the 50 ohm 598 but looking at the charts the bass can scale up to almost 300ohms so maybe I need another amp).

The bass, mids, treble, soundstage, brightness everything is just spot on. I listen to house, trance, jazz, R&B, rock.

Welcome to the club and congratz!

Nov 7, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #5 of 28
Quote:
Yes. They were my first step into more serious audio and i will never forget the first time i listened to Jean-Michel Jarre's
"Zoolookologie". It was as if i was floating mid air and sounds were so vivid and flying all around me.
After it finished playing i kept sitting in the chair for the next 10 minutes with a huge smile, thinking: "what the hell just happened?" . The single most awesome experience in my life so far. 
GREAT headphones, no question :)

I was listening to ATB in flac and I felt the floating as well.. It's just so impressive. I've had a grin ever since I put them on my head. Simply amazing!
Quote:
I just got a pair of HD598s as a gift for a friend.  Began to test them last night.  Even as a proud owner of the high end HD800 and HE-500, these headphones are still incredibly enjoyable.  Even more enjoyable with a high end tube amp, so look forward to that!

Wow, I did not expect that response from an owner of the Hd800s! I cannot wait to grow my audio setup, I'm excited so excited!
Quote:
I'm over the moon with the 598's. These headsets have everything I could want in SQ and style to boot. 

I'm not amping mine at all and they sound great. I tried with my Yamaha A2070 amp and didn't notice any perceptible difference (I think's it's 100 ohm out for the 50 ohm 598 but looking at the charts the bass can scale up to almost 300ohms so maybe I need another amp).

The bass, mids, treble, soundstage, brightness everything is just spot on. I listen to house, trance, jazz, R&B, rock.

Welcome to the club and congratz!

I love the soundstage so much! It's just amazing.
I listen to Trance(Vocal), Power Metal, Metal, Death Metal/Blackened. But 80% Trance.
And thank you very much!

Nov 7, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #6 of 28
I love mine, but I stopped using them as much when I got my HD-580.
The HD-580 isn't really better, just different.

I would say right now I mostly use my Q701 and DJ100 the most, but the HD-598 will never be sold.

I think the HD-598 does almost everything right and a good all rounder.
It's what I would suggest for someone that plays a lot of games and watches movies with headphones.
Good for those that don't want to be bothered by garbage tracks too much since they're fairly forgiving (but not too much).

I actually think they're more comfortable than the HD-580 and Q701 too. I just wish they came in black!

I liked mine so much that I recabled mine with Mogami. The only negative is that now it's dual entry. Sounds similar to stock but with a few small improvements.

Nov 7, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #7 of 28
Quote:
I love mine, but I stopped using them as much when I got my HD-580.
The HD-580 isn't really better, just different.

I would say right now I mostly use my Q701 and DJ100 the most, but the HD-598 will never be sold.

I think the HD-598 does almost everything right and a good all rounder.
It's what I would suggest for someone that plays a lot of games and watches movies with headphones.
Good for those that don't want to be bothered by garbage tracks too much since they're fairly forgiving (but not too much).

I actually think they're more comfortable than the HD-580 and Q701 too. I just wish they came in black!

I liked mine so much that I recabled mine with Mogami. The only negative is that now it's dual entry. Sounds similar to stock but with a few small improvements.

Yeah a Black 598 would be pretty good looking imo, I almost purchased the q701 instead of the Senn's but my friend suggested I get the Senn's instead. I'm glad I purchased them. I still want to purchase the AKGs though ha. 

Nov 7, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #8 of 28
The HD598s are an excellent entry point into high end headphones that's for sure.

Nov 7, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #9 of 28
Just my luck, I bent the 3.5mm on the 1/4" to 3.5mm adapter. Lol. 
triportsad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back