Got my Senn. 495s!!!!
Aug 26, 2001 at 6:22 AM Post #16 of 40
joelongwood: You liked it that much? Wow? I guess it just goes to show what a little focus and a new toy can do...
biggrin.gif

Oh, John's my dad
wink.gif

dgs: Thanx a lot - and I will definetely get back to you...

voyager: You're right - there is no turning back now....
tongue.gif

But for now, I am very content. Sort of how joelongwood is. Well, JUST like joelongwood is minus Hd-600s, HP-1s, RS-1, MS-1s, SR-125s, SR-225s, SR-325s, some AKG i forgot about, and KSC-35s. Not to mention the Creek amp, SEVERAL JMT CHA47s, the RA-1, and I *think* some tube amps (MG Head? Xcans? Ya - I think it's Xcans). And then some....

Yea...I'm just like joelongwood
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 26, 2001 at 1:24 PM Post #17 of 40
Coolvij - congrad on your new can. I have them too but I don't use them in the best of condidtions, out of my PC's motherboard's on board SB 128 with NO amp. But they still sound great.

Have you notice that they are quite loose? they falls off my head if I tilt forward. I agree mostly with your review, apart from their construction. I think the construction is cheap, the plastic feels and look like some $20 headphones. My non-audiophile friends think so too, they couldn't believe how much they cost.

Aug 26, 2001 at 2:12 PM Post #18 of 40
coolvij,

Congrats on the addition to your burgeoning collection. I guess I'll have to give the a listen to the 495 if Tyll brings them to the Great Lakes gathering.

Regards - reynman

Aug 26, 2001 at 3:47 PM Post #19 of 40
raymond: Thanks! I think I did note, either in the first impressions or in the full review, that they were made of cheap plastic. However, I just don't think they'll break easy.....though I haven't really put them to the test.
smily_headphones1.gif

reynman: Thanx! I think that you really should try out these cans... If I can come (chicago! lol), I'll bring my JMT Penguin amp and I can try comparing amps....then write a review on the Penguin! lol....I AM obsessed....

Aug 27, 2001 at 12:41 AM Post #20 of 40
Wow.....my last response apparently frightened off everyone from further responding......

Aug 27, 2001 at 1:06 AM Post #21 of 40
i have some 495's too...they seem very durable...hell they've survived three location moves, 18 fires, seven wives, 36 Dodgers baseball games, woodstock 99, 2.5 plane crashes, and the 2000 Source Awards...seem pretty durable to me, and sound great with my mystery Altoids Amp....

Aug 27, 2001 at 3:39 PM Post #23 of 40
Hmm, should I be impressed or disturbed?
confused.gif

Aug 27, 2001 at 9:49 PM Post #24 of 40
disturbed that sennheiser made such a well built product out of plastic...and impressed that I havent realized that these cans have given me really bad luck...damn...im throwing them out right now.....

Aug 27, 2001 at 11:47 PM Post #27 of 40
Thank you, sapphire - and you SHOULD! These didn't seem laidback to me AT ALL - tho i must stress it might've been my amp....

Aug 27, 2001 at 11:58 PM Post #29 of 40
lol....that was BAD, JJ, REALLY bad....
redface.gif

I just noticed this isn't in the featured reviews section! WHAT DID I DO WRONG, O LORD!?

(vijay runs away, sobbing....)

Aug 28, 2001 at 12:16 AM Post #30 of 40
no...im a rich egotistical person...and see no good in helping others or improving anyone elses life...so ha......actually..im pretty much the opposite...but its fun to lie....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back