Got my SE-XB1's Today...Whooo Hooo!
Sep 28, 2003 at 7:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Astropin

100+ Head-Fier
For those who don't know these are the X-box version of the Pioneer DIR1000C Wireless, Dolby Digital, DTS, and Pro-Logic II headphones. I must say they simply Blow Away my last pair of wireless cans (the AR AW-791 900Mhz, which sucked). The Pioneer's have NO back ground noise! One thing that really amazed me is I ordered them from Audio Cubes II, well they made it from Osaka Japan to my front door (Michigan) in TWO DAYS! And where actually delivered on Sunday! I could not believe it. Have not had a chance to really test them yet, but a quick check with some alkalines installed was very impressive.

For those who own these or the DIR's which DH setting do you prefer? DH1, DH2, or DH3?

Sep 28, 2003 at 7:44 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally posted by Astropin

For those who own these or the DIR's which DH setting do you prefer? DH1, DH2, or DH3?

Congrats! Another member of Team Dolby Heaphone!
You have many hours of fun and involving movie watching and gaming ahead of you.

I keep mine set on DH1...it makes for a smaller echo effect and gives me more of a sense of intimacy within the walls of my living room. My room is about 14' x 14' and I sit 7 feet away from a 36" screen. DH2 and DH3 will seem to expand it to larger "movie house" sizes.

It's really what your ears prefer.

John

Sep 29, 2003 at 4:41 AM Post #3 of 3
Well after trying them out tonight with Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers, I found I prefered DH2. My room is 14x16 but there is only a 1/2 wall that seperates it from the kitchen. I sit about 12 feet away from a 61" screen. The range of the phones was much better than I would have thought. I get a great signal all the way to the far end of my kitchen, which would be at least 28ft. The sound was amazing....I heard dialog that would normally be very difficult to pick up. Overall I'm sure I would prefer cranking up my 5.1 system but when the kids are in bed that is impossible.....these Pioneer's are a fantastic alternative. I can't wait for my copy of Matrix Reloaded to arrive. I think I'll go rent some flix I've been holding off on because I can't stand "working the volume". Well now I don't have too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back