Got my PPX3-6sn7, great support from Mikhail
Aug 28, 2004 at 3:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

TN98

New Head-Fier
Just got the amp on Friday. This is my second time receiving the amp. A month ago I received this PPX3 from my friend's mom hand carry to me from LA but some how the amp is not worked. May be from the transportation vibration or something. I asked Mikhail if it's ok for me to open the amp and let some tecnician in Bangkok to have a look. He said just send it back to him he'll fix it and send it to me free of charge. Less than a month I got the amp back it sounds great, he even added another set of EH tubes for me. What can I say about his responsibility and first rate service (the shipping cost him $72.00)? Here is the spec of my PPX3-6sn7 220V with the big Piltron transformer (which I didn't pay for this one too):
What I pay for are this:

>> PPX3-6SN7
>> Solen Stage 1 -
>> Jensen Coupling Capacitors Copper -
>>Goldpoint Stepped Attenuator -
>> Upgraded Output Capacitors -
>> Black Gate Cathode bypass capacitors-

I'll try to post the picture here. need help for suggestion on how to post the picture. I have lot of tubes pic to roll it.

Aug 28, 2004 at 3:26 PM Post #2 of 10
Mikhail is one of those guys that goes the extra mile to keep a customer happy. His products are build to incredible quality standards (especially the new ones - tanks!!
eek.gif
) and if something goes wrong - he'll be right there to fix it.

I am building up my bank balance towards a topped out MPX3
wink.gif

Cant wait for my paycheck!!
eggosmile.gif

Aug 28, 2004 at 3:28 PM Post #3 of 10
That amp looks awesome.
eek.gif
How much is the Piltron transformer usually? Do you have anyone around to compare the 6sn7 PPX3 to the 6cg7 version? I'd really like to hear the PPX3 using the 6sn7 tubes.
Congrats on your new amp. The service you got from Mikhail is his normal customer service.
icon10.gif

Aug 28, 2004 at 3:33 PM Post #4 of 10
I really like the looks of that cylindrical transformer! I just ordered a MPX-3 from Mikhail yesterday, which will be ready in about 2 weeks. I don't think that type of transformer was an option, at least I didn't see it listed. What is the difference between your transformer and the standard one? Anyway, congratulations on a great amp! I am looking forward to mine too, and hope it will allow me to STOP the gear-switching/upgrading (?) madness.

Aug 28, 2004 at 3:38 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins
That amp looks awesome.
eek.gif
How much is the Piltron transformer usually? Do you have anyone around to compare the 6sn7 PPX3 to the 6cg7 version? I'd really like to hear the PPX3 using the 6sn7 tubes.
Congrats on your new amp. The service you got from Mikhail is his normal customer service.
icon10.gif

I don't think anyone around here like the Headphones world. So this is may be the first Single Power in Thailand. I've got the HP-100A (hybrid amp from China) to compare. The PPX3 with the EH on all three position (just a couple of hours past) is fuller and got more bass and speed and more sweet. Now I'm burn in with the Tung-Sol (KR rebranded) as input and the Syl 6sn7W short bottle as the output. First the bass is better but not focus just a couple hours past it's get better so I'll post it later.

Aug 28, 2004 at 3:40 PM Post #7 of 10
I have seen a transformer like that inside agile_one's new Maestro. It is beautifully made and I think it is air cooled (not to be confused because of the sealed looking enclosure).

If it is oil cooled and if I am wrong - please forgive and enlighten me
wink.gif

Cheers!

Aug 28, 2004 at 3:53 PM Post #8 of 10
What is the transformer do effect the sound of the amp? Sorry just very new to the amp world.
tongue.gif

Aug 28, 2004 at 5:51 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
I have seen a transformer like that inside agile_one's new Maestro. It is beautifully made and I think it is air cooled (not to be confused because of the sealed looking enclosure).

If it is oil cooled and if I am wrong - please forgive and enlighten me
wink.gif

Cheers!

The Plitron transformer is standard on the Maestro.

TN98-that's a great set of upgrades

Aug 28, 2004 at 9:39 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover
The entry level plitron transformers cost atleast $275 more than the std supra transformer. They are the best of the best.

Thats nice to hear. My SDS-XLR will be using two of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back