Got my new Maxi Head Signature amp yesterday!
Dec 23, 2006 at 1:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

courierdriver

Headphoneus Supremus
Ok...I know there are going to be some people around here who will be looking to jump all over this thread, because the manufacturer of my new amp doesn't have a good rep here on HeadFi. I'm talking about Shellbrook Labs' Drew Dunn. I just bought my third amp from him, and have yet to experience all the trauma (drama?) that so-many on this site have expressed so much over the past year-and-a-half. I'm sure if you do a search in the threads, you'll find scores of negativity on Shellbrook Labs.

This is a different kind of thread. I've bought 3 amps from this man, and I've never had a bad experience with any of them, or with delivery time. When I buy a custom-made, built from scratch audio component; I expect it will take some time to build. Everything I've ever purchased from Drew has arrived within 4-weeks, or less.

My newly-arrived purchase; a silver-cased Maxi Head Signature, configured for AC-only operation with an Elpac power-supply (a standard unit runs off 2 9-volt batts); was no-exception. I'll write a review (and try to add some pics...dubious, since my digital cam seems to be taking awful pics, lately) when I've had more time with it. After about 12-hours of burn-in, though; I can definitely say it sounds better than the Mini Head Signature I sent back for credit. If you purchase any amp from Drew, and decide to upgrade within a year of your original-purchase; he credits-you with the original-purchase-price of your trade-in, less-shipping.

For me, Shellbrook Labs amps sound great, and represent great-value for the money. For me, Drew has always gone above and beyond to get me what I want, in a reasonable period of time. I think it's time people see that, instead of all the negativity. Merry Christmas, to everyone at HeadFi...PEACE!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back