Got my New CD3000 and HR-2
May 24, 2004 at 6:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

rajs

Head-Fier
Got my new CD3000 and Ray Samuels HR-2 Head Amp today at work. Can't wait to get home and start playing with them. Also ordered a Benchmark DAC1 which I should get in a day or two.

Well my wallet is crying now ... but I think I am happy ... for now ... <grin>

- rajs
smily_headphones1.gif

May 24, 2004 at 6:40 PM Post #3 of 10
Thanks MJG -- I believe you had recommended that combo in one of the threads I was asking questions / recommendations in.

Take care.

- rajs

May 25, 2004 at 3:20 AM Post #7 of 10
what is the DAC1 used for exactly?

how does it fit into a source->amp->headphone setup?

May 25, 2004 at 3:29 AM Post #8 of 10
DAC: Digital to analog converter. CD and DVD are all digital data, however sound is analog. At one point there has to be a conversion. The DAC, on a system that goes source->amp->headphone, is in the source itself. By using an external DAC, you have a device that had the larger part of its cost going into just the DAC, which can be an extremely critical part of the sound. So the DAC takes the digital data read from the CD, converts it into an analog signal, and acts as a lineout to the amp. So, with a DAC, it looks like this: source->DAC->amp->headphone.

May 26, 2004 at 8:56 AM Post #10 of 10
Ahhh, some more CD3K love on the board. They are truly some amazing cans, and with the recent ventures with modding the ear cups with wood and replacing the cable these are going to prove to be a veyr wise choise. Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back