Got My MS2!
Mar 24, 2006 at 4:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

aufeuer

100+ Head-Fier
Four days! That was quick.
biggrin.gif

Off the bat:

1) These have more bass than my 125s. I like!
2) The bowls look a bit different this time. I'm not sure if it's just my imagination, but they seem a bit softer and thinner?

Will try to post more impressions later.

biggrin.gif

Mar 24, 2006 at 5:14 PM Post #2 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by aufeuer
Four days! That was quick.
biggrin.gif

Off the bat:

1) These have more bass than my 125s. I like!
2) The bowls look a bit different this time. I'm not sure if it's just my imagination, but they seem a bit softer and thinner?

Will try to post more impressions later.

biggrin.gif

Huh, new bowls? Do they still appear to be three layers of foam glued together, or something else?

I demand pictures!

Mar 24, 2006 at 6:23 PM Post #4 of 10
Congrats! Do you mean you got the MS-2i? Four days is incredible speed! Thumbs up to Alessandro-Music.

Mar 24, 2006 at 9:06 PM Post #5 of 10
You're not going to the second page until we hear about those new bowl pads, thread!

Mar 26, 2006 at 8:34 AM Post #7 of 10
False alarm on those bowl pads. I think it was just an optical illusion. I guess they look thinner relative to the larger air chambers on the MS2 as compared to the SR125. plus I think they're a bit squished already due to the relatively heavier aluminum chambers.

I think they're a bit more comfortable though, although that may also just be me being used to the bowls. It was hell the first few weeks for me with the SR125.

Mar 26, 2006 at 8:43 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander
Hmm... I actually think the MS-2 has less bass than even the SR-80 (quantity-wise).

Could be. I wouldn't know. I've heard the SR125 (my only other Grado aside from the MS2) is a bit polite on the bass among the Grado series, so the MS2 is a step up for me. Also, are you talking about the classic MS2 or the Fatboy (which is what I have)? I also hear the Fatboy has a bit more bass.

Oh, another impression for me is that they fit pretty snugly and comfortably, and I find the weight increase negligible. i don't find the MS2 any less comfortable than my SR125. And this is without bending the headband (which I had to do with the 125).

Mar 26, 2006 at 10:19 AM Post #9 of 10
Mine's the non-i version. I suppose your reference of Fatboy is to the MS2i then. I personally think it has more than enough bass (esp. with the flat pads I'm using) and any more would make it sound bloated to me. Comfort is about the same as the plastic Grados IMHO, which is pretty good considering the metal chambers.

Just gotta love that metal look.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 27, 2006 at 6:33 PM Post #10 of 10
I've posted this on a another thread and am too lazy to edit it. Also, this comparison is from memory, as I currently do not have my SR125s with me.

I don't think my MS2s are fully burned in yet, but already they sound superior to my SR 125s. Much more bass impact. This is with bowls, and I couldn't really ask for more than this. I used to tape the bowls on my 125s to get more bass punch, but I find that I don't need to do that with the MS2s. There's also more detail, yet the experience is less fatiguing. The MS2s have got some punch, as opposed to the the 125s stab. I would describe them as still bright with excellent extension in the highs, but with the edges rounded off. Also, I think there is more emphasis on the midrange with the MS2, which isn't really a bad thing.
biggrin.gif

Oh, and the leather headband and cool aluminum combo makes it soooo sexy.

This is exactly what I was looking for. Eargasm!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back