Got my MS1's!!
Feb 23, 2007 at 3:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

imsjry

Head-Fier
Ordered Saturday and recieved in Wisconsin today. I am loving these babies. Music sampled so far:

The Shins, Lindsey Buckingham, The Who, Arcade Fire, Pink Floyd, and Grateful Dead.

It has all sounded exciting and wonderful to the ear. I ordered the Bowls and I hope they improve the soundscape a bit but I have no complaints at all. Beautiful sound!
orphsmile.gif

Feb 23, 2007 at 12:26 PM Post #2 of 13
You seem to be into the whole Indie thing, so do yourself a favor and sample some Joanna Newsom; the Alessandro's really, really, work quite nicely with female vocals!

Congratulation's with your purchase, i hope to be able to get myself a pair one day
wink.gif

Feb 23, 2007 at 12:36 PM Post #3 of 13
I'm curious to hear how you like the bowls.

I've only listened to my MS-1's with comfies.

Feb 23, 2007 at 2:34 PM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by nelamvr6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm curious to hear how you like the bowls.

I've only listened to my MS-1's with comfies.

Arrrrrgh......I was gonna try the MS-1s again with bowls to find out, but as I started to take the reversed 414s off the MS-1 I noticed quite a tear in one of the 414s!

....wonder when THAT happened?!

Anyway; I had tried the MS-1s with bowls and found that they sounded somewhat "better" but I can't say exactly HOW!!

Feb 23, 2007 at 3:49 PM Post #5 of 13
I've read on here that these also sound better after the "burn in" period. Is that a myth, or reality? And I also read something about putting tape around the edges of the Bowl to improve the bass. Anyone verify that this works?

I listened to "Iron and Wine" which is a lot of acoustic guitar and boy did it sound sweet. Also, after 30 years of hearing the song "Here Comes the Sun", I just realized there are strings in it!!! Thank you MS-1's
600smile.gif

Feb 23, 2007 at 5:15 PM Post #7 of 13
I especially noticed the advantages of burn-in with the ms-1's. At first they sounded too neutral for my taste, but eventually became slightly colored and truly worthy of the grado name.

Feb 23, 2007 at 6:10 PM Post #8 of 13
i have been very very impressed with my MS1s. I have listen to them for the past few days and the only complaint i have is comfort. Im getting use to it though, can wear them for a few hours with the bowls before i notice.

These are a perfect addition to the 580s, since they are sooo different in sound its amazing.

Jan 17, 2008 at 3:16 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have been very very impressed with my MS1s. I have listen to them for the past few days and the only complaint i have is comfort. Im getting use to it though, can wear them for a few hours with the bowls before i notice.

These are a perfect addition to the 580s, since they are sooo different in sound its amazing.

I'm actually going from an MS1 to testing out an HD580, haha!

I will never sell my MS1 though. I love them.

But the HD580's seem to be keepers too!

Jan 17, 2008 at 11:28 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by autosound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got my MS1 so this is my tentative opinion, but flats are the best, then comfies, and finally the bowls.

I have it exactly backwards, my friend. Then again, I had it in that order when they were brand new, as the months went buy, the order changed.

Edit: not exactly backwards... I prefer bowls>flats>comfies

Users who are viewing this thread

Back