Got my monster turbines and already falling apart??!
Mar 27, 2012 at 7:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

xKube

New Head-Fier
OK so I just got my monster turbine pro golds in the mail today and overall I think they're pretty good except for one MAJOR thing. The metal housing consists of two parts, the grey part and the gold part. It seems the right housing hasn't been put together properly and the grey part is not fixed/glued to the gold part very well. There's a tiny gap between the grey part and the gold part and it moves a little and I think it's gonna fall out pretty soon. I was thinking if I should return it or glue it back myself because I don't wanna waste my one time warranty and I live in Asia so it's a pain to send it back ESPECIALLY ON THE FIRST DAY OF GETTING IT. Does glueing it back void the warranty? Help would be appreciated.

Mar 27, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #2 of 8
Monster are not known for their Quality Control, that's why the MT Pro Gold has a lifetime warranty I think

Mar 27, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #3 of 8
Same thing happened to my Monster Turbine Pro Coppers. mine where making "sqeeky" noicies when inserting and when they moved., after a few months the cable strain relief broke aswell so I thought I would send them in, which I did.

They said to wait 1-6 weeks after sending them in for a replacement depending on if they have it in stock or not.. I sent them in the 17th of January, still no returned product nor information about if they have actually received the product. Been using the support request form to start new support cases which they do not reply to at all, trying to call but there is always an ungodly queue or a "public holiday". So yeah, if you feel like waiting 1-6 weeks if your lucky or be unlucky like me and sit there with out your favorite IEM's for 2 months++ send them in.. Not even sure if I will ever get them back at all.

Because of this I just ordered a pair of audio-technica ATH-CK10's.. sucks spending loads of money on IEM's that you don't even get to keep for half a year. Worst part was not having any IEM's to use for the two months I have been waiting.. (done ranting, Had to vent out somewhere xD)

Glue FTW

Mar 27, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #4 of 8
I've said it before on the many other threads about Monster quality or there lack of.  The life-time warranty is more of a marketing tool.  If you think about it, a life-time warranty "should" represent a superior built product where warranty repair is on the very low end.  Warranty repair and replacements are all overhead for a company.

I've given up on Monster and their life-time warranty.  I've owned all their Turbine Pro models, MDT, and Trumpets. All had to be RMA due to quality issues.  Now, the turn around time for a replacement has at least quadrupled and some models (Turbine Pro Copper/Gold, MDT) have been discontinued all together so you won't get an exact item replacement. 

Mar 27, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #5 of 8

Quote:
Now, the turn around time for a replacement has at least quadrupled and some models (Turbine Pro Copper/Gold, MDT) have been discontinued all together so you won't get an exact item replacement. 

6weeks*4=24 24/4=6, so i can expect to wait until summer to get my headphones back? Damn! glad I ordered those other ones.

Mar 27, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
I've said it before on the many other threads about Monster quality or there lack of.  The life-time warranty is more of a marketing tool.  If you think about it, a life-time warranty "should" represent a superior built product where warranty repair is on the very low end.  Warranty repair and replacements are all overhead for a company.

I've given up on Monster and their life-time warranty.  I've owned all their Turbine Pro models, MDT, and Trumpets. All had to be RMA due to quality issues.  Now, the turn around time for a replacement has at least quadrupled and some models (Turbine Pro Copper/Gold, MDT) have been discontinued all together so you won't get an exact item replacement. 

may i ask what the problem with the trumpets was?

Mar 27, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #7 of 8
That 'dog ate your earphones' comment sparked a question.  For the 1 time your fault replacement warranty does Monster require you to send the earphones back to them?

Quote:
Also, the lifetime warranty is one thing (you get replacements for life if the Monsters stop working for any reason that is not your fault), but you get a one-time replacement even if you accidentally crush them, your dog eats them, etc. So it is a two-part deal.

Apr 10, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #8 of 8

Quote:

6weeks*4=24 24/4=6, so i can expect to wait until summer to get my headphones back? Damn! glad I ordered those other ones.

Just received an email from monster, Aproximately 4 weeks until they arrive. -.-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back