Got my K340!
Dec 27, 2006 at 6:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

RedLeader

Headphoneus Supremus
I got home from a little Day-after-boxing-day shopping (Toys R Us had Wiimotes!) and there waiting for me was a nice big box, nestled inside were a pair of stock K340. I haven't yet recieved all of the modding materials yet, but I will soon I'm sure. And they're being run out of a Pioneer SX-720 right now, but dang.... I love these things!

I'm listening to Nocturne in E flat majour by Chopin.... and wow. The detail is there, the soundstage is excellent and the placement is right. Stupid HD580 and it's blobs.... no more! Turn on Conjure One - Center of the Sun and I can hear the water in the intro! Her vocals are spot on. Bass is a little light, but thats due to a poor seal, as the pads and elastics are a little loose. On comes the DJ Shadow for a bit of a bass test... haha I love it! And it's only going to get better! Yes!

Just wanted to share my happiness
biggrin.gif
oh wait.... I mean
340smile.gif

Dec 27, 2006 at 7:00 PM Post #2 of 12
They are very special headphones and I miss mine alot. Enjoy them!

Seal is the absolute most important thing. Get that right and they sound awesome, modding only improves them from thereon.

Dec 27, 2006 at 7:05 PM Post #3 of 12
As soon as the pads and headband get to my door I'll forward it on w/ the trim. Are the cables you're going to use a surprise? Can't wait to see the surgery.

Dec 27, 2006 at 7:10 PM Post #4 of 12
haha, I didn't mean for it to be a surprise, I'm using mini-starquad! Yea, that'll be a fun day for me and Jay I'm sure. We can rebuild him! Bassier, Treblier, Cocoboloier!

(were ANY of those actual words?)

Dec 27, 2006 at 7:58 PM Post #6 of 12
mad.gif
I was bidding on one of these on Ebay, but didn't win them cause I didn't want to raise any more. Maybe I should have.
What is a good price to pay, and what did you pay for yours?

Dec 28, 2006 at 7:56 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovesocks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, glad you're enjoying them! I must just be a weirdo for disliking them so much . . .

Yay k501!
biggrin.gif

I'm curious what aspect of them you dislike. While I've heard better, I don't find there is any particular thing that jumps out as being 'wrong' about them.

Dec 28, 2006 at 8:44 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovesocks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=212978

Ahh, I see. My experiences have been quite different from yours, though, which is interesting. I can only summise that the bass heavy and bass light versions sound significantly different. Certainly, I have found the imaging to be slightly more spatious that typical, not less so, and the sound signature is slightly on the bright side for mine.

Dec 28, 2006 at 1:20 PM Post #11 of 12
yes ilovesocks, you and Duggeh are officially weirdos for disliking the amazing K340's!
340smile.gif

I think Duggeh was already an official weirdo before that, but he's our weirdo and we love the guy.
icon10.gif

Seriously though, not everyone is going to like the same kind of presentation. I know a few people that didn't care for Omega II's, while I thought they were as close to nirvana as I have heard thus far. I like the variety of differing opinions on this forum, and don't need everyone to back up my own views.

RedLeader not only is it going to be great for people to have a reference to the K340 mods, but you're going to have a top tier set of headphones that will look as beautiful as they sound. I just can't emphasize enough the importance of finding a well suited amp. I would be glad to send you my Darkvoice at some point for evaluation if you ever want to hear one. Of coarse if you cable them balanced I know where you can find an incredible amp for them, but it's just too damn big to steal!
biggrin.gif

Dec 28, 2006 at 1:53 PM Post #12 of 12
Congratulations Micah! I can't wait to get down to the modding.
wink.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously though, not everyone is going to like the same kind of presentation. I know a few people that didn't care for Omega II's, while I thought they were as close to nirvana as I have heard thus far.

*Raises hand.*
evil_smiley.gif

I loved the HE90's though... damn my empty wallet.
frown.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of coarse if you cable them balanced I know where you can find an incredible amp for them, but it's just too damn big to steal!

hehe... yeah, I think I would notice.
340smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back