Got my hornet today, but one question...
Jul 4, 2007 at 10:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Sieg9198

100+ Head-Fier
The battery that comes with the amp is a little bit long for the hornet, which makes closing the backplate kind a bit hard, I have to hold it quite hard to screw it back.

Is it just me or it's the same for everyone???
confused.gif

And the on/off switch feels kinda flimsy...

Jul 4, 2007 at 10:45 AM Post #2 of 8
Same here when I had mine. You may also find that the front volume knob and other facets are pushed outwards accordingly. Nothing to worry about but I did only screw the backplate partially on because I'm paranoid
redface.gif

Jul 4, 2007 at 11:44 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sieg9198 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So is it better that I dont screw all the way in???

I would screw it all the way in or else the battery might not make proper contact, unless the battery really doesn't fit (iirc the lithium ones can be too big for Hornet, but I suppose you have the normal rechargeable ones), then I wouldn't force it.
And make sure you put the battery in properly, you don't want to fry it because of something like that.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 4, 2007 at 11:57 AM Post #5 of 8
email Ray and ask him. I've had some batteries that are a little too long and others that about fall into place. all Ipower rechargeables are a little "loose" while the Ultralife Lithium Polymer disposables tend to be a little tight and somewhat larger.

But in any case, I would only tighten until good contact is made. But in any rate, contact Ray and get his ideas

Jul 4, 2007 at 1:07 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sieg9198 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The battery that comes with the amp is a little bit long for the hornet, which makes closing the backplate kind a bit hard, I have to hold it quite hard to screw it back.

Is it just me or it's the same for everyone???
confused.gif

And the on/off switch feels kinda flimsy...

Hold it hard & screw it all the way in. No harm will be done. Those contacts are very strong.
Close the panel flat against the body. That is how it is desigend.
Ray Samuels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back