Got my headphones :D :D
Sep 3, 2013 at 4:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

AudioBro

New Head-Fier
I just got my first headphones and they sound amazing. I bought the ultrasone pro 900's and the fiio e17.  At the moment I have the headphones connected to my laptop > Fiio e17  > Headphones.

My question is what wire do I need to buy in order to connect Google Nexus 4 phone > e17 > Headphones?

I am excited.  The riddick movie trailer sounded like I was at the movies lol. Didn't think headphones could sound that way.  Also dubstep and bass music sounds excellent.

Sep 3, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #3 of 10
I'm not sure if the Nexus 4 supports USB audio out, or if there's a way to enable it. 

Using a Fiio L8 cable will do the job. 

Sep 3, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #4 of 10
  I'm not sure if the Nexus 4 supports USB audio out, or if there's a way to enable it. 

Using a Fiio L8 cable will do the job. 

My e17 came with the cable.  I tried putting it from the nexus 4 phone to the top of the fiio e17 and also the bottom of it but the sound never came out of the headphones.  How should i connect this wire so the headphones work?

Thanks!

Sep 3, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #5 of 10
  My e17 came with the cable.  I tried putting it from the nexus 4 phone to the top of the fiio e17 and also the bottom of it but the sound never came out of the headphones.  How should i connect this wire so the headphones work?

Thanks!

This way: Nexus 4 headphone out > Aux input E17 (bottom) and plug your headphones on the Headphone out of the fiio. 
Don't forget to select your input with the input switch. 

Sep 3, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #6 of 10

This way: Nexus 4 headphone out > Aux input E17 (bottom) and plug your headphones on the Headphone out of the fiio. 
Don't forget to select your input with the input switch. 

Thanks it is working great :D

I am getting the new iphone 5s when it comes out.  Is there a special wire I should order now to have it ready?

Sep 3, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #7 of 10
Sep 3, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #9 of 10
I just got my first headphones and they sound amazing. I bought the ultrasone pro 900's and the fiio e17.  At the moment I have the headphones connected to my laptop > Fiio e17  > Headphones.

My question is what wire do I need to buy in order to connect Google Nexus 4 phone > e17 > Headphones?

I am excited.  The riddick movie trailer sounded like I was at the movies lol. Didn't think headphones could sound that way.  Also dubstep and bass music sounds excellent.

Watch a scary movie with them on. The Insidious 2 trailer came on while trying to play music, and the sounds from my headphones alone made me jump

Sep 3, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #10 of 10
Watch a scary movie with them on. The Insidious 2 trailer came on while trying to play music, and the sounds from my headphones alone made me jump

Ultrasones are great for that purpose, besides music. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back