Got My HD 650
May 22, 2007 at 3:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

TurboRotaryFreak

Head-Fier
I finally got my HD650. Most of you guys are probably like,"So?!".

This is my first serious HP. I bought these after the MDR V300s ate it one night.

Since I'm waiting for the Cardas cable and the TH, I thought why not test drive these sans upgrades. So I popped in a CD into my computer(I don't have a dedicated CD Player apart from my PC).

Anyway, I have A SB Audigy 2 ZS. I turned off the EQ, Brought the treble and bass to 50(which I believe is 0). Popped in one of my favourite CDs. Sat back and let the it all seep in @ 1411kbps. For someone with untrained ears who works at an autoshop all day, all I have to say is... WHOA.
eggosmile.gif

I don't know what I will do when the TH and the cable gets here. I'm guessing the changes will be subtle but if I compared the sound to lesser HPs, I'm sure I'll know the difference.

I like how high the highs go and the lows are nice and deep. Not muddy. The sound is obviously the most lively I have ever experienced. But i'm sure most will disagree.

I guess once the TH gets here, I can actually start to unleash the true capabilities of these cans.

May 22, 2007 at 4:13 AM Post #3 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by uraflit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
congrats mang!

X2 - enjoy your new headphones. They are really good ones
eggosmile.gif

May 22, 2007 at 4:15 AM Post #4 of 28
Congrats on them; I prefer the 650 over the K701 any day!
icon10.gif

You sure you want to "upgrade" the cable though? Why not instead focus on things that can show a bigger improvement?

May 22, 2007 at 4:19 AM Post #5 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats on them; I prefer the 650 over the K701 any day!
icon10.gif

You sure you want to "upgrade" the cable though? Why not instead focus on things that can show a bigger improvement?

Like?

May 22, 2007 at 4:20 AM Post #6 of 28
Grats on some really nice headphones. And dont feel bad, I sold off my RS1s and MAD Ear cause I like the HD 600 better overall. If it sounds good, listen.

May 22, 2007 at 4:26 AM Post #7 of 28
get a dac or something, instead of the headphone, even the x-fi sucks. get like a dac-ah or something get a transport, im not sure if the creative sc has an optical out or anything. have fun, i miss the 650s =[.

May 22, 2007 at 4:39 AM Post #8 of 28
I agree, get a DAC to bypass the PCs soundcard completely. The M-Audio Transit is low cost (ebay) and has performed well on my work laptop. The drivers don't work with XP media center though. If you are a handy with a soldering iron, try a DIY build. If you didn't have a Tomahawk I'd tell you to check out the Porta Corda mkIII w/usb.

May 22, 2007 at 5:00 AM Post #11 of 28
Suggestions for a good DAC at a great price? I can blow around 300USD. I have the Headroom Bithead coming in, but I have already decided to return this since I have already ordered the RSA TH.

If it matters, I mostly listen to Alternative Rock, followed by the Roots, Common, Mos Def, Erykah Badu, John Legend, and the likes.

May 22, 2007 at 10:13 AM Post #15 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboRotaryFreak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also it feels like the heeadphone sqeezes my head in from the sides. Does this ever go away?

It will go away. Don't bend the headband to much, then you can brake the plastics, you can place the headphones around something that is about the same sice as a head when not using them, if you want the clamping to go away faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back