Got my hands on a new set of LCD 2 Fazor - Need amp advice
Feb 25, 2015 at 4:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

chua004

New Head-Fier
Currently have a pair of HD650s and most recently scrounged up enough change to get some Audeze LCD 2s. I have the Magni/Modi stack at the moment and I'm sure they are adequate for the time being but as we all know we like to look forward to newer shinier horizons. So, in the sub-$500 price bracket what's the biggest bang for my buck that can get all I can out of my new LCD's but also not totally conflict with my HD650s, which I use quite a bit still.

I don't really have the disposable income to do some real trial and error testing and I'd more or less like something that I can stick with for a few years. If that means there isn't really anything that will drastically improve my current setup in my budget, I'd love to hear options for farther down the road (aka: hold off and save up more $$$) as well.

Feb 25, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #2 of 3
Gustard H10 pairs exceedingly well with the LCD-2F in my inexperienced and humble opinion. Browse the thread in the amp section for more details and opinions. At $350, it seems to be a very high quality/cost ratio.

I don't have much experience with other amps, though. But there are specific comparisons in the H10 thread (Lyr2, etc), as well as impressions of the amp w. the HD650.

I haven't heard the entry Schiit stack, but I have an old Audio-gd Compass that's supposed to be an excellent entry-level amp/DAC. Adding the H10 made the LCDs SO much better. To the point where I would say the LCDs are not worth the money without a decent amp.

Edit: Another option I definitely considered was the Garage1217 Project Polaris. Unfortunately, I've never heard it so I don't know how it compares.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back