Got my G lite :)
Nov 7, 2005 at 9:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

brian183

100+ Head-Fier
I'm on lunch now at work and felt like posting bout my new GL. First, I love it. The major thing I noticed about the GL is it's so much cleaner than my sansui receiver. The GL makes my HF1's sound amazing. I was actually more surprised what it did with my MS1's than with my HF1. On the MS1, the GL extends the bass down lower...maybe even HF1 lower lol. Anyway, I'm very pleased with this purchase and I recommend this to any grado owner.

Nov 7, 2005 at 9:52 PM Post #2 of 27
Enjoy your amp with your grado's.
and edit your signature offcourse
wink.gif

Nov 7, 2005 at 10:04 PM Post #4 of 27
Haha, I also received my G Lite today and am listening to it right now with my HF-1's. I must say I'm really digging the clarity, and this is with some crappy RCA cables that I scrounged up from the junk drawer. Can't wait to get my custom RCA's from HiGHFLYiN, should be heavenly.

Nov 7, 2005 at 10:30 PM Post #6 of 27
Awesome to hear that the G Lite synergizes well with the HF-1, I've seen it get recommended a lot for the 225's so it makes sense.

My HF-1 should be here any day, can't wait.

BTW, I find it also pairs great with my 650's/Zu Mobius.

Nov 7, 2005 at 10:35 PM Post #8 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1
nice amp indeed
icon10.gif

Congrats!

now dont get thinking what that psu would do or now nice a pair of senns would sound with it
very_evil_smiley.gif

Okay, I won't, instead I'll thinkg about the psu would do as well as how the DT880's would sound...
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 8, 2005 at 1:56 AM Post #10 of 27
This is the exact amp I will most likely be ordering either as my Christmas Gift to mysels, or shortly after Christmas after everyone elses gift is paid off. My HF-1s should be shipping out to me this week, hopefully.

Nov 8, 2005 at 2:17 AM Post #11 of 27
Just got my HF-1's and plugged them into the GLite and its awesome sounding. I'm definately preferring this to my 650's for rock, haven't listened to anything else yet. There is definately some good synergy going on here
rs1smile.gif

Nov 14, 2005 at 7:18 PM Post #12 of 27
For some odd reason,my GL with 225's/595's sounds wonderful with an mp3 player.Adds better resolution to the sound.I much prefer it that way vs. hooked up thru my home stereo.Of course that route totally contradicts the portability issue but man it sounds good.Now,I want to try the DPS .Headamp did a great job with the Lite ! Like a 100% fool,I almost sold my Lite..glad I wised up and decided to keep it.Fantastic for a low priced high end sounding bedroom system.In fact if I did'nt have my home stereo.... I could happily live with this combo ! This is my first headphone amp and I was bit discouraged with it tied in thru my home system.Found out it has other uses that better suits my personal needs.The only way I'd sell it now is if I'm in the market for a more expensive amp.

Nov 16, 2005 at 2:59 AM Post #14 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oink1
Just placed the order for mine tonight - and the sooner it gets here, the happier i'll be!
biggrin.gif
Being ampless sucks in a big way!
mad.gif

Should be shipping tomorrow!
biggrin.gif
Can't wait!...

Nov 16, 2005 at 3:56 AM Post #15 of 27
Got mine last week. Plugged my MS-2i's in a listened for a bit... meh, a little to bright for my taste. No problem though. A minute later I had my flat pads on and it was just right. About the only thing I don't like about it is it made me go out and spend some more cash on some QED Qunex 2 IC's later that week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back