Got my first pair of $100+ headphones (Moshi Clarus)
Aug 30, 2012 at 12:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

robotwi

New Head-Fier
I got the Moshi Clarus for $200.

I wish I could judge the quality of them enough to give a review, all I know is that the cables are really neat (they're like string rather than plastic thing) and that the sound quality is infinitely better than my Sony MDRQ22LP which I previously owned. Dare I say they're even better than the koss ksc75 I used to have before they broke super quickly, most noticeably in the bass.

Also I need to turn the sound up higher. I used to listen at like 2.5 bars, now with the Moshi Clarus I listen at closer to 5 bars.

Also the isolation is way more than I thought. I really wanted to avoid to much isolation, but these are pretty isolated, although still probably less isolated than other headphones in the price range.

Whether they were worth the price or not depends on how long they last. I can't say whether or not I'd recommend the Clarus because I haven't tried any other headphones in its price range. The cord is super cool though for sure.

EDIT: The mids could be improved.

EDIT EDIT: Wow so the reason I couldn't understand the lyrics in rap before were because my headphones sucked.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: The clapping in Aesop Rock's "Pigs" is way too loud. Is this a problem with the song or the infamous "mid bass hump?" I wonder...

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: The clock ticking that my friend used in his song is also too loud.

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: Definitely worth the $200 just to hear Discolor like this. Although I guess it depends on how much $200 is for you.

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: I can hear a hiss in Beatles songs, like if i were listening to them from the record. Not sure how I feel about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back