Got my first Audio Research component: PH6 phonostage
Mar 22, 2013 at 10:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

lmf22

1000+ Head-Fier
I picked up my first Audio Research component today at a local dealer, the PH6 phonostage.  I upgraded from an LFD Phonostage LE Special.  The build quality is really amazing.  Photos on websites does not do it justice.  It is a really beautiful piece of component.  Sound quality is of course excellent; beyond my expectations.  There is a lot of details, while maintaining that smoothness in then entire frequency range.  And the bass... I really felt it for the first time.  I did not know my speakers' bass can go that deep.  

One question concerning burn-in.  I know that Audio Research components require 600 hours.  Should I: 
1) Turn on the phonostage during the day (and turn off at night) for the first few days to get through the initial 100 hours or so, 
2) Get the Granite Audio Phono Burn In CD (linky), or 
3) Use it normally and let it do a "natural" burn in?  (I play one or two albums per day.)

Also, does anyone use the rubber-and-cork isolation blocks on their PH6?  Like the ones that Mapleshade sells (linky) but cheaper ones that I got at SoundProofing.org (linky).  I have these isolation blocks under all my components and they seem to work well, but not sure if it should be placed under the PH6.  

Mar 22, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
I know that Audio Research components require 600 hours.

eek.gif
   Life is too short to worry about 600 hours of anything.  How do you know it will change for the better?  Don't worry about the burn in and enjoy it
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back