Got my ER4's, insertion question.
Feb 17, 2007 at 7:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

RollsDownWindowsManually

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I recieved my ER4P's today (with S convertor) and they sound great. I will have a review shortly, but first, I have a question about inserting them.....They stick out a lot more than my ER-6i's, but I cannot insert them any further than this without experiencing pain. Does it look like they are inserted far enough? I'm getting a good seal, just want to make sure I'm getting optimum sound quality.

er42.jpg
er41.jpg

Feb 17, 2007 at 7:06 PM Post #3 of 17
That looks good. The angled part should touch your ear. What tips are you using? With Comply tips, you can insert them alot farther.

Feb 17, 2007 at 8:03 PM Post #4 of 17
Looks perfect to me. The plugs are nicely vertical and insertion looks deep enough to me.

It looks like you're using the tri-flanges here. I can't get the foamies to go that deep. Comply tips go deeper, but I don't always like them. They give more bass, but the soundstage is narrower than the flanges. Highs are also a little less with the Comply tips. So I guess what I'm trying to say is, play with the tips. In my case, I like some music with the flanges and some with the Comply tips. It also depends on my mood.

Feb 18, 2007 at 1:19 AM Post #6 of 17
Actually, those are foamies.....the entire foam part is well inside of the ear canal. Surpringly, I find the foamies the most comfortable with the ER4's, wheras I swore by the bi-flanges with my ER-6i's.

This probably stems from the fact that I can get the entire tip inside of my ear with the foamies, but I cannot fit the entire flanged tip in there. Since the ER4's are longer, it's a bit awkward having them stick out as far as they do without the tip all the way inserted.

Feb 18, 2007 at 1:41 AM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by RollsDownWindowsManually /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, I recieved my ER4P's today (with S convertor) and they sound great. I will have a review shortly, but first, I have a question about inserting them.....They stick out a lot more than my ER-6i's, but I cannot insert them any further than this without experiencing pain. Does it look like they are inserted far enough? I'm getting a good seal, just want to make sure I'm getting optimum sound quality.

er42.jpg
er41.jpg

They look good. Do they not insert any farther in the beginning or ever. I find that I get pain in the beginning if my ear canals feel dry. But then after keeping the etys out a bit to heat the canals up a bit, they grow a bit and its easy the etys right in nice and far. And no I didnt not get that tip from a sex book.

Feb 18, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #9 of 17
/\ /\ X2

I had the same issue when I first got mine, wasn't sure if they were in all the way and even considered posting pics like you. Eventually I got the tri-flangs moist and they sunk in deeper then I thought they could, but they were extremely uncomfortable at that depth (I think you posted on my whining thread). Anyway I recently got some complys and now I can sink them in as deep as I want and they stay comfy.

Congratulations on your purchase!

Sep 24, 2007 at 8:50 AM Post #10 of 17
Wow, that is a DEEP insertion! The furthest the ER4 goes into my ear canal is just before the foam tips end.

Sep 25, 2007 at 7:12 AM Post #13 of 17
Sep 25, 2007 at 7:36 AM Post #14 of 17
It's fine. Mine doesn't insert too much, also.

If you insert them too much the top hole of the tip may collapse and close due, killing the sound.

I use the tri-flange and I get the proper seal inserting them and then trying to release them a bit, feeling some kind of vacuum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back