got my earplugstore er-4 custom tips
Jun 5, 2007 at 9:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

bellsprout

500+ Head-Fier
i'm not in the mood to write up any detailed review, but a few impressions of the product and the process:

the process:
-the process was a pain. i'm fairly sure i didn't do the impressions very well, but i cbf ordering another impressions kit, so i thought close enough is good enough.

the product:
the good:
-sound (better sound than any tip i've tried - if revealing is a term that's used to describe earplugs, that'd be it)

the bad:
-isolation - foam isolates much better
-comfort - if ur expecting something that u don't feel, forget it. u feel it wedged there. comfortable, and there's no pain in insertion, but comfort isn't its drawcard. maybe i didn't make the molds good enough...w/e

the WORST:
and this is subjective, but this is the reason i never liked the rubber flanges for ER-4 and always used foam - foam can breathe. i guess a lot of people like the flanges, but i don't. anyway u know when ur driving up and down mountains, ur ears get clogged up? yea well - that sensation, whenever i turn my head or open my jaw.

so question for the tri-flange users - do u not experience that, or do u get used to it?

anyway, at least the sound is good. that's what matters right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back