Got my Dell D800 Centrino notebook!
Jun 11, 2003 at 7:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

stan23

500+ Head-Fier
I *think* there are a few computer nerds that may be into this.. I've been looking for a good Centrino notebook since they were introduced... the search was over. I just got my Latitude D800. It has everything I wanted, and the size is not that big for a widescreen notebook.

Here is what I got.

Centrino 1.6 GHz
1GB DDR Ram
60GB HD
15.4 WUXGA WideScreen TFT
Bluetooth
Intel Wireless Pro
DVD/CDRW
GeForce 4 32MB

Here's a pic comparing sizes with my Sony Superslim.

PIC

I love the screen on this thing!
biggrin.gif

Jun 11, 2003 at 7:35 AM Post #3 of 9
It came up to be $2800 with a 15% off coupon I used. I was worried about it being too big, but honestly, its not even that bad and the screen is well worth it.

Jun 12, 2003 at 5:46 AM Post #5 of 9
Yes, but we're talking to the person who bought 3 new Ipods the day they came out, and then when his dog wanted one, went back to the store and bought 7 more. Right?
wink.gif

Jun 12, 2003 at 6:06 AM Post #6 of 9
Holy crap! 1 gb ddr?!

That just doesn't seem to match all of the other specs, though. But, why not, right? Ram is so cheap now, you can actually get 1 gb ddr now for $90 at Tigerdirect.com.

Btw, I really wish I had the new Alienware laptop. That thing is just awesome.

Jun 12, 2003 at 1:57 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by MusicLover
Holy crap! 1 gb ddr?!

That just doesn't seem to match all of the other specs, though. But, why not, right? Ram is so cheap now, you can actually get 1 gb ddr now for $90 at Tigerdirect.com.

Btw, I really wish I had the new Alienware laptop. That thing is just awesome.

The Centrino 1.6 benches about as fast as a desktop P4 2.66 but designed ground up as a mobile processor.

Jun 12, 2003 at 2:05 PM Post #9 of 9
Yea I heard it's screaming fast. Just insane.

I meant no insult, I hope you didn't take it as one. Congratulations on your amazing purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back