Got my c&c box today--WWWWooooWWWW
Jan 6, 2007 at 5:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

TheSatelliteGuy

100+ Head-Fier
If you participated in the group buy for this amp you know you made the best buy on the face of the planet. Let me put it this way. I have been using my xin mini3 with my 500s and ipod source for about a month and have been very happy with what I hear. I was planning a 200 hour burn in so I hooked up a CD on repeat and plugged in my 4gs into the C&C BOX and went out to do some chores. Got home about 10 hours later and thought I would take a peek at what was happening. Seeing that out of the box it was muddeled and lacking so I expected very little. Slipped those 4gs in my ears to hear what Clapton Unplugged sounded like and stood there for 10 minutes in complete awe. Like a 15 year old seeing his first naked lady. The C&C Box made the 4gs sound more like 500s. So I went out and grabbed my 500s and well you know what happens after you get naked. My 500s had a soundstage and overall performance that I never heard before even with my macro3. Truly a unbelievable difference. Then I grabbed my 701s (which my mini really didn't really drive very well at all) and it not only drove them with authority but out performed my macro3. But wait there is more, I grabbed my 325is which are one of 2 pairs of headsets in the world recabled with alo Cryro Jena and sat down and enjoyed the best Pink Floyd I have heard yet. Unbelievable 4 different cans with very different characteristics and they all played beautifully. It is scarry to think what this amp will do when burned in. On the group buy I scored this puppy for 95 buckaroos. Get out. C&C BOX out of China rules. Their US agent Zunqiu did Head-Fi followers strong. He emailed me and said he will have 20 more in about 2 weeks. Now 20 of you head-fiers got this group buy deal so here is a place a real audiophile can tell the people what you think. Please respond to my new post in amps section. Thanks for you patience.

Jan 6, 2007 at 6:52 AM Post #3 of 8
As you know I am new to this and I find that I am confused with navigation around this forum. Is it possible to move it? I have no clue what or how to do this. Can you help me? I just figured portable amp should be posted in portable audio? Never saw a portable amp section. I went ahead and reposted this in amp section. Sorry about the mistake

Jan 6, 2007 at 8:43 AM Post #4 of 8
This thread is in need of visual aids for those of us who haven't seen it
biggrin.gif

Jan 6, 2007 at 9:53 AM Post #6 of 8
Mods... why did you delete the other C&C amp threads?
??? There were some nice pics and even an internal pic in those other thread discussions.

please dont ban me just for asking
icon10.gif

Jan 6, 2007 at 5:14 PM Post #7 of 8
I reposted this as suggested in the amp section at about 12pm last night and there was a thread reply by another buyer. This morning I went to review what other buyers said and it was gone. Vanished. Nada. If I did something wrong I am truly sorry. I sent a email to jude to find out why. I do believe this is a product that people who don't have 3,4,5, hundred to invest would benefit from but the powers above don't seem to agree. Once again if I did something wrong I am truly sorry. Actually I am running this post to see if I am stilled allowed to participate in the wonderful site.

Jan 8, 2007 at 3:36 PM Post #8 of 8
Well...

Quote:

Latest News: Anyone who join to this group buy and write a review will have the chance to get his C&C Box in half price!

Taken from: http://ipastudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3392

I must say, thats distasteful... and gives me a very poor impression of the manufacturer, as well as discredits any current and future reviews of this product... As they are perhaps, possibly, or even likely... $46 shills.

Disingenuous.

Could it be the staff of this forum found this method of advertising/spamming/bribing for positive reviews equally disgusting?

Could be I'm being too harsh, but products should be capable of standing on their own merits, and reviews should not be contests, paid by way of rebates.
rolleyes.gif
I'm all for advertising and getting the word out about new products, but this is a terrible way of doing such.

Update: I spoke with the C&C Box people, and I am now awaiting a unit myself. The seller asked me to post an honest review, good or bad. I still have a feeling that, offering anything in return for a review can have the effect of skewing the results. All I can say is that I am curious, so I've taken the plunge to see for myself. I will keep you all updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back