Got my Blue Dragon recabled KSC-35's!
Apr 13, 2006 at 7:41 PM Post #16 of 30
Those looks really nice. Isn't the cable a little stiff to use as a portable?

Apr 13, 2006 at 7:42 PM Post #17 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbloudg20
I recabled mine with Mogami, and I noticed a very nice gain in bass control and high end sparkle. It really helped to balance these little buggers' tonal qualities.

Nothing helps balanceing them more then balanceing them
wink.gif

I have a set i recabled with a silver and copper wire and they sound absolutely frantastic.
icon10.gif

Apr 13, 2006 at 8:16 PM Post #18 of 30
I have recabled mine with Mogami Hi-Definition Mini Quad Microphone Cable and they sound better to my ears.

Apr 13, 2006 at 8:30 PM Post #20 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyotero
which one you like better?

The balanced KSC35s are really just a lot of fun... they also sound pretty darn good for what they are. But my favorite would have to be silve and copper recabled 35s. The just have an excellent all round balance, clarity, and impact.

Apr 13, 2006 at 8:44 PM Post #21 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baycode
I have recabled mine with Mogami Hi-Definition Mini Quad Microphone Cable and they sound better to my ears.

I was looking for cable material slightly smaller and more compact than the Cardas so gave this material a shot. It sounds great and has virtually no cable memory, even after being crammed into the case with my Nano and Hornet. Great find.

Apr 13, 2006 at 9:00 PM Post #22 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1
The balanced KSC35s are really just a lot of fun... they also sound pretty darn good for what they are. But my favorite would have to be silve and copper recabled 35s. The just have an excellent all round balance, clarity, and impact.

err i meant- do you like the siver or the cooper better?
tongue.gif

Apr 13, 2006 at 10:05 PM Post #25 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Knuckledragger
Balanced KSC-35s? Wow. Just ...wow.

This is why I love head-fi.

(and to think I thought building a balanced rig for my 650s was excessive)
600smile.gif

There is nothing at all excessive about that... they scale beautifully. They are the center of my rig... the 650s that is
wink.gif

Apr 13, 2006 at 10:36 PM Post #26 of 30
I'm holding off on getting a pair of KSC-75 recabled until the Grado Streetstyles come out. After I hear how those sound, then I will decide which one I spring for. However, there is just something really...I don't know what...about owning a pair of headphones with a cable 4x as expensive as it that is really alluring...

Apr 14, 2006 at 4:40 PM Post #27 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by n1cx
Those looks really nice. Isn't the cable a little stiff to use as a portable?

Yes, a little. It's just something to get used to I think!

May 3, 2006 at 6:44 AM Post #29 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by a1rocketpilot
I'm holding off on getting a pair of KSC-75 recabled until the Grado Streetstyles come out. After I hear how those sound, then I will decide which one I spring for. However, there is just something really...I don't know what...about owning a pair of headphones with a cable 4x as expensive as it that is really alluring...

i'm thinking about recableing my ksc-75, but i think i'll join you and wait for the grado SS to come out before doing it...who knows, i may recable the SS instead...

besides moon audio, anyone else recable around here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back