Got my Beyerdynamic DT770-80
Jul 2, 2006 at 6:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

jim1174

New Head-Fier
I got my Beyerdynamic DT770-80 yeasterday and it is great. the sound is so much better than my old ones. I did have a question. you know the metal thing on each side that moves up and down. well after a few hours of use i noticed that i was able to wiggle them from side to side. is this supposed to happen ? i wanted make sure it wasnt broke

Jul 2, 2006 at 8:30 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by jim1174
Bump

Are you unhappy with jubrany's answer?
tongue.gif

My 880s are like that too. It's a pretty simple design and only supported at the point where it passes through which allows some movement.

Jul 2, 2006 at 12:27 PM Post #5 of 9
Glad you're enjoying your new headphones!

Yea, that's how they were made. It's normal

Jul 6, 2006 at 7:26 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by jim1174
I got my Beyerdynamic DT770-80 yeasterday and it is great. the sound is so much better than my old ones. I did have a question. you know the metal thing on each side that moves up and down. well after a few hours of use i noticed that i was able to wiggle them from side to side. is this supposed to happen ? i wanted make sure it wasnt broke

Which model sounds better 80 Ohm or 250 Ohm - beyer tells both are different constructions.

Or have anyone experience with beyer DT250-80 or DT250-250?

The answer from beyer - in german:
Die 80- und 250 Ohm Systeme unterscheiden sich neben der Impedanz auch im Aufbau: die bewegte Masse bei den 80 Ohm Systemen ist hoeher, das Membranmaterial, die Anbringung und Laenge der Schwingspule sind unterschiedlich. Klanglich ausgewogener und hoeher aufloesend klingen die 250 Ohm Hoerer, dafuer spielen die niederohmigen beispielsweise an batteriebetriebenen Geraeten (mit niedrigerer Betriebsspannung, Intercom-Geraete, Ipods, etc.) lauter, was bei Ihrem Kopfhoererverstaerker aber sicher keine Rolle spielt.
Der DT250 ist ein sehr neutral klingender, relativ kompakter Hoerer, der DT770Pro ist mechanisch etwas groesser und geht klanglich eher in die Hifi-Richtung mit einer leichten Absenkung der Hochmitten.

Jul 6, 2006 at 7:31 AM Post #7 of 9
Talk about thread hijacking
tongue.gif
. Most prefer the 80 ohm version, as it supposedly has more balanced, present mids. You should try the search function or create your own thread next time for better results.

Jul 6, 2006 at 10:55 AM Post #8 of 9
Just to continue that threadjack a little longer .... I Babel-Fished that sucker and got this:
"The 80 and 250 ohms of systems differ apart from impedance also in the structure: the moved mass with the 80 ohms systems is higher, the diaphragm material, the mounting and length of the moving coil is different. Klanglich more balanced and more highly solvent sound the 250 ohms of listeners, but the low impedance play for example at battery-operated devices (with lower operating voltage, Intercom devices, Ipods, etc..) louder, which plays no role with your headphone amplifier however reliably. The DT250 is very neutrally more sounding, a relatively compact listener, the DT770Pro is mechanically somewhat larger and goes klanglich rather into the Hifi direction with an easy sinking to that high in the middle."

I especially like that last line: The DT770Pro is mechanically somewhat larger and goes klanglich rather into the Hifi direction with an easy sinking to that high in the middle.

Jul 6, 2006 at 12:10 PM Post #9 of 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back