Got my 600 ohm DT990 today
Jun 6, 2007 at 6:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

swt61

Dr. Wood

This thread has no pics, but they're not custom Manufacture Beyers anyway. They look like stock 250 ohm 990's. I was lucky enough to find these in the FS forum recently for a fantastic price. They're as new with just a tad bit of wear on the pads, just broken in really. I had them shipped to warrior05 for a dual entry balanced recable, and they arrived here today.
These are no doubt going to be one of my favorite headphones. I finally have a headphone that's able to do classic rock well. The bass is the deepest of any headphones I own, but nice and tight. The highs are more extended than any of my other current phones, and a welcome addition to my stable. They have a fun, musical nature very different from the stock DT880's I've heard. They're up front, in your face signature is really involving. I need to spend much more time with these before I can really nail down the details, but I'm definitely loving these.
I have not heard any 250 ohm 990's, so I can't comment on those differences.

Jun 6, 2007 at 6:38 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread has no pics, but they're not custom Manufacture Beyers anyway. They look like stock 250 ohm 990's. I was lucky enough to find these in the FS forum recently for a fantastic price. They're as new with just a tad bit of wear on the pads, just broken in really. I had them shipped to warrior05 for a dual entry balanced recable, and they arrived here today.
These are no doubt going to be one of my favorite headphones. I finally have a headphone that's able to do classic rock well. The bass is the deepest of any headphones I own, but nice and tight. The highs are more extended than any of my other current phones, and a welcome addition to my stable. They have a fun, musical nature very different from the stock DT880's I've heard. They're up front, in your face signature is really involving. I need to spend much more time with these before I can really nail down the details, but I'm definitely loving these.
I have not heard any 250 ohm 990's, so I can't comment on those differences.

Schweeeet!!! Send those my way, I'll do a comparison for ya!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back