Got my 4th gen ipod back
Sep 21, 2009 at 12:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

srozzman

500+ Head-Fier
I sold it to my mom for money for a sansa about two years ago. now i have it back, and i cant believe the SQ from the HP-out. I prefer it to the clip. Seems crisper and like it has a wider soundstage. Not that the Clip sounds bad, but i just have always had a soft spot for the 4th gen HP-out =p. Rockboxed of course

Sep 21, 2009 at 1:02 AM Post #2 of 9
Really? You should hear it amped. My cmoy certainly isn't the best amp, but it makes a noticeable difference going through the line out. It really brings out the bass in my RE0's. Aside from storage space, I like my Rockboxed 60GB Photo a little better than my 120 GB Zune (there's lots of little irritating things that could be easily fixed with a firmware update, but it just doesn't get updated).

Sep 21, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #3 of 9
Ha i need to get a hard drive for my zune to hear it. And a new battery for the X5. Did you make your Cmoy, or buy it? Im interested in making one... so many projects! lol. Also the ipod sounds brighter, with a tighter bass. All impressions are on my recabled K81-dj's

Sep 21, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by srozzman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ha i need to get a hard drive for my zune to hear it. And a new battery for the X5. Did you make your Cmoy, or buy it? Im interested in making one... so many projects! lol. Also the ipod sounds brighter, with a tighter bass. All impressions are on my recabled K81-dj's

No man, I can't solder worth a crap and my soldering iron isn't much better than I am.
biggrin.gif
Got mine off ebay from biosciencegeek. $57 shipped, and got an LOD for $30 shipped. I'd rather keep those guys in business than learn how to solder right (and buy a good soldering iron...) for now.

Sep 21, 2009 at 1:39 AM Post #5 of 9
ha thats way too much for me to spend at this juncture in time. no offense or anything. tires are too expensive. lol

Sep 21, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

I sold it to my mom for money for a sansa about two years ago. now i have it back, and i cant believe the SQ from the HP-out. I prefer it to the clip. Seems crisper and like it has a wider soundstage. Not that the Clip sounds bad, but i just have always had a soft spot for the 4th gen HP-out =p. Rockboxed of course

how did u rock box ur 4th gen nano? i didnt see the right firmware for it on their site?

Sep 21, 2009 at 4:47 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

ha thats way too much for me to spend at this juncture in time. no offense or anything. tires are too expensive. lol

Then either quit drifting or get a sponsor
icon10.gif

Quote:

no offense or anything.

None taken, but I'm sure you've been around here long enough to figure out how expensive great sound can be. It can also be pretty cheap. If you really want to hear the iPod line out (and have an ebay account), you can get a Fiio E5 amp for $20 shipped and an LOD (it's one foot long though) for $13 shipped. My current rig (60 GB iPod Photo, LOD, BSG Cmoy, and Head-Direct RE0's) only cost me about $230. You just have to know where to look and be willing to do a little work on iPods. My broken iPod Photo just needed a few good smacks and a hard drive reformat, and it works like it's brand new. Pretty good DAP for $36, even if it does have the Apple logo on it.

Sep 21, 2009 at 4:48 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by imhungry29 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how did u rock box ur 4th gen nano? i didnt see the right firmware for it on their site?

He probably has a 4th gen hard drive iPod.

Sep 21, 2009 at 10:40 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by bba1973 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He probably has a 4th gen hard drive iPod.

you have assumed correctly! I guess i should have clarified that. It is a 4th generation b/w ipod 20gb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back