Got money to spend!!!
Jan 24, 2010 at 7:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

iHelp

500+ Head-Fier
Hey guys;

This morning, I found an Amazon gift card worth $25. You know what that means....

I want to buy a headphone under, let's say, $35. Unamped from the MacBook and will be used for house use mainly. I listen to rock, electronica, hip-hop, rap, and alternative.

I'm looking at the RX700. Any other options?

Thanks!

EDIT: or should I save it?

Jan 24, 2010 at 7:43 PM Post #5 of 14
RX700!
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm burning in my RX900's atm.

Jan 24, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #6 of 14
The RX700s, the ProtaPro, or the PX100 if you're looking to go a few dollars over.

For at home, the RX700s seem like a good choice.

JVC cans are pretty durable, and I've heard a few and they sound pretty good. The nice thing about going for the PortaPros is you have them on hand for anytime you want to use them when going out and about with your top.

I'd go for the PortaPros, that's just me. The Koss cans sound absolutely wonderful for the price. Good highs, lows, and mids.

Here is what Goodcans.com has to say about the PortaPros:
"Koss Portapro - Believe it or not, our favorite headphone for sound quality under $50 is a headphone meant for portable use. In fact, you'd be hard pressed to find an under $50 full sized headphone selling at a department store that matches the sound quality of the PortaPro? The Koss Portapro, (not to be confused with the Sportapro), offers surprisingly good detail in all areas; highs, mids and bass. In addition to great sound quality for a portable headphone, it’s light weight, comfortable, and collapsible."

Jan 24, 2010 at 8:05 PM Post #7 of 14
Thanks guys. I already have the PX100, and FWIR PX100>PortaPro, so I guess it's the RX700.

Should I buy the RX700 and be done or save up to a better purchase?

Jan 24, 2010 at 8:56 PM Post #8 of 14
I don't know about that. I prefer the PortaPro to PX100. The Senn's bass is just way too boomy and all over the place. The PP has an overall better balance/timbre to it, imo. Much more "musical"/successful with different genres.

Jan 24, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by sampson_smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know about that. I prefer the PortaPro to PX100. The Senn's bass is just way too boomy and all over the place. The PP has an overall better balance/timbre to it, imo. Much more "musical"/successful with different genres.

I know what you mean, though the iHelp does own the YH-3 phones and those things have quite a punch when it comes to bass.
beyersmile.png

Jan 24, 2010 at 10:50 PM Post #11 of 14
Thanks [Grado fanboy] VALIENTE; however, I already have the MS1. I would prefer something else then. I'm thinking a SRH440 with some of this money. Or a MS1000
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALIENTE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or you may add from your piggy bank a little $ to afford the Grado SR60.
You will love more this headphone, I assume.

EDIT: 500th post woot woot
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jan 24, 2010 at 10:50 PM Post #12 of 14
you have a pretty good selection of headphones. I'd buy music with that money.

Jan 24, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #13 of 14
Thanks! I think I'll do that
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhancakes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you have a pretty good selection of headphones. I'd buy music with that money.

Jan 25, 2010 at 1:44 AM Post #14 of 14
Lol $35, that's a meal at a restaurant these days, won't get you much in audio
biggrin.gif
. VALIENTE, for god's sakes, stop recommending the SR60 in EVERY thread titled something like: "I want some new budget headphones". Just because you have them doesn't mean everyone else will like them. Also if you bothered to look at his sig, you will see he has the MS1, which is the SR125 driver, better than the SR60 anyway. You need to look at people's sigs, ask what music they listen to, will they use an amp etc before you recommend the headphones that you have. Next thing you know you will have DT880 and say to get them in every thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back