Got migraine?
Jun 22, 2007 at 4:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

sisenor

500+ Head-Fier
I hope you don't, but who else gets migraines?

Here's my deal: I used to get them a lot when I was younger and I've mostly grown out of them. I haven't had one for a year or two, but I've gotten two within the last week! I've been exercising a lot lately, could that have anything to do with it??

The one last week was pretty bad, but the one tonight wasn't too bad, but I'll feel like **** for a day or two. When I was younger, though, they sucked..as soon as I would get a blank spot in my vision, I knew I would be throwing up for the next 8 hours.

Jun 22, 2007 at 5:34 AM Post #3 of 32
It sure freaked me out when I suddenly went partially blind in one eye during school. I get them alot when I stress myself out. Allergies can help them along too.

Jun 22, 2007 at 5:40 AM Post #4 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by JSTpt1022 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It sure freaked me out when I suddenly went partially blind in one eye during school. I get them alot when I stress myself out. Allergies can help them along too.

You know what, I get allergies for a couple weeks at the beginning of the summer, I wonder if that's contributing...I was sneezing all day today, and took two loratadine's.

Jun 22, 2007 at 5:45 AM Post #5 of 32
I've had a migraine once in my life. It lasted six days. Things happened in those six days. Bad things.

If I had them on a regular basis, I would give up. Migraines suck. Kill migraines.

Jun 22, 2007 at 8:16 AM Post #6 of 32
I got Migraines all the time when I was a kid, thank God I grew out of that! I remember once when I had a particularly bad one. That was the only time in my life I ever prayed and meant it. Sometimes, my parents had to take me to the hospital for pain medication. Oh, and the throwing up, too.

At least they weren't cluster headaches.

Jun 22, 2007 at 9:04 AM Post #7 of 32
I get a type of migraine, called a cluster headache fairly infrequently; maybe once a year. They are hell, they nauseate me, and I have sit in a quiet, dark place. I hope yours don't last. I would strongly advise seeing a doctor. I had a preventative script, but have long since run out since I am overseas.

Jun 22, 2007 at 10:30 AM Post #8 of 32
I've had many throughout the years, starting in my early teens. I would get the exact symptoms you describe, partial blindness followed by malaise, sensitivity to light/sound, nausea. I would get one or two a year up into my early twenties, but I haven't had any one in the past couple years.

I never had it checked out. I just went to sleep as soon as I could get to my bed, slept for several hours and beared the pressure in my head for the following days.

Jun 22, 2007 at 1:13 PM Post #9 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by sisenor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know what, I get allergies for a couple weeks at the beginning of the summer, I wonder if that's contributing...I was sneezing all day today, and took two loratadine's.

I'm south of you in Highlands Ranch and my allergies have been kicking my ass for 3 weeks now. It definitely contributes to the intensity of a headache. I used to get a lot of migraines as a kid...usually on Fridays I remember. I too grew out of them, but when I get REALLY stressed (kids + wife + work), I will get one. They happen now about once a month. When they start, I usually drink something with a lot of caffeine to open the blood vessels and pop a couple of Advil. Then I find a dark spot and sleep with a wet towel tied around my head. If they get really bad, I use Imitrex, but I haven't needed that for several years.

Headaches in general just simply suck!!!

Jun 22, 2007 at 1:18 PM Post #10 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Headaches in general just simply suck!!!

You don't like them? Weirdo!

Seriously, there is nothing in the world that makes me think "I want to die". A bad headache is an exception to the rule.

Jun 23, 2007 at 10:24 AM Post #12 of 32
this is ironic, i am just on the closing end of one right now. (still 'tender headed' and nauseous) luckily i popped some exedrine migraine (works like a charm for me) just in time and it only felt like a minor headache, which is good, since i had to sit in a car for almost 4 hours today.

I don't know if you people have this same thing happen with you, but when you begin to get the partial blindness, does it become extremely difficult for you to form sentences, or do anything else that requires serious thought for that matter?

Anyway, I have gotten a lot of migraines this year off at school, i have been thinking about going to a doctor about it, but given that I am absolutely terrified of doctors... I don't know how soon that will happen.

Jun 23, 2007 at 10:53 AM Post #13 of 32
The only way I can get rid of my worst headaches, whether they are migraines or not I do not know.
Step #1 - Pop an Advil PM Step #2 - Get the back of my neck into a hot shower for 30 minutes Step #3 Lay down in a dark room with a cloth covered ice pack on my forehead
Hope this works for you!

Jun 23, 2007 at 11:50 AM Post #14 of 32
I suffer from them and after trying a few medications, evne some prescriptions, the one that only really works for me is the Excedrin, even the generic ones from Wallmart and Walgreens will work, just pop three (3) of them and period...

Jun 23, 2007 at 12:41 PM Post #15 of 32
I've only ever had one real migraine and it scared the hell out of me. I did not know what it was, I just knew that my peripheral vision turned into wavy colours and that I felt weird. Then the pain hit.

My gf gets them frequently. She also suffers from regular headaches often. It sucks. We were supposed to be on a day trip today but she is currently suffering a headache. Hopefully it goes away soon so we can still go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back