Got HD650, now the amp
Aug 21, 2009 at 9:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

sanke1

Head-Fier
Please pardon me for such a common question. I was planning on getting Darkvoice 332 amp. But how will I use it ?

I listen to songs from my laptop. Is it a DAC as well ?
Currently I am using Ibasso D2+ BOA.

Can someone explain a noob like me how to properly set up that amp so that I am confident of using it the way its meant to be used.
PS: Laptop with music on hard disk is all I have.

Thanks

Aug 21, 2009 at 10:13 AM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by sanke1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please pardon me for such a common question. I was planning on getting Darkvoice 332 amp. But how will I use it ?

I listen to songs from my laptop. Is it a DAC as well ?
Currently I am using Ibasso D2+ BOA.

Can someone explain a noob like me how to properly set up that amp so that I am confident of using it the way its meant to be used.
PS: Laptop with music on hard disk is all I have.

Thanks

Your laptop has a DAC but the quality probably is not very good. You should let the D2 do the D/A conversion.

Laptop -> iBasso D2+ -> Darkvoice 332 -> headphone

Aug 21, 2009 at 10:19 AM Post #3 of 9
I suspected that but was not sure
If Ibasso D2+ is feeding muddy signal into Darkvoice 332, will that improve sound quality?

Aug 21, 2009 at 11:45 AM Post #4 of 9
Don't think the amp will improve the quality when the input source is bad!

The D2+ should be OK I suppose..no?

Aug 21, 2009 at 12:06 PM Post #5 of 9
The Ibasso is pretty good as a dac and you run it i 'lineout' mode to the DV332. You can get better sources, but you can enjoy you cans while you plot further 'wallet torture'!

Aug 21, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #7 of 9
I am in a similar situation. I have HD650, and have been sourcing amp solutions for both notebook and the CD player. After a lot of research, I've settled on Benchmark DAC1 USB + balanced cable. Once I get it, I should be able to share some thoughts on it.

Aug 23, 2009 at 7:37 AM Post #8 of 9
Well I just compared the line out of my Laptop's Realtek Sound card and Ibasso D2+ BOA.
I hardly noticed any huge difference. Just soundstage may be little bit big on BOA.

Aug 23, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #9 of 9
sanke1, for a long time Sennheiser used to showcase their HD650 w/ the Graham Slee Solo amp. You may wish to check the latest Solo SRG w/ PSU1 power supply, lovely sounding amp if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back