Got fake ADDIEMS, anybody got eBay refund experience?
Nov 11, 2009 at 1:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

boucarion

New Head-Fier
I recently bought a pair of what I thought was ADDIEM IEMs from "
iphonefix1" on eBay. I waited 10 whole business days for them to arrive California.

I resorted to using stock apple earbuds for 2 weeks. Horrible, but slightly better with a E5.

To my utter dismay, they were counterfeit.
No volume controls AT ALL, no meshcaps, and the second I put them on, I wanted to shoot myself. I get better sound out of my free Air Canada headphones.

I emailed him saying that I wanted a refund.

They sent me an email:

"We apologize for the error. As you can see the item is sealed and we ordered from our supplier the original headphones. The supplier set the wrong one. The one with out the remote volume control. We have contacted our supplier and they have sent us the correct item. We have sent you the replacement headset and you should rec it is a week. Please keep the other headset as a gift."

When I asked them if this new pair of headphones was GENUINE APPLE, they sent:

"Yes genuine apple headset. We opened one to verify"

I dunno. I'm not getting a very good vibe out of this.

What should I do?

Nov 11, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #2 of 24
Wait and see, but keep an eye on your paypal dispute clock. If they don't get to you so you can make sure they're genuine before the period expires, just file a dispute to be safe.

Nov 11, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #4 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by boucarion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whats the paypal dispute clock?

45 days from payment date. After that you can no longer dispute a paypal transaction (relevant info here). If you paid through paypal via credit card you can still dispute charges that way, but paypal is just easier.

Nov 11, 2009 at 4:12 AM Post #6 of 24
Personally I would file that complaint now. Chances are you will receive another fake pair plus when is the last time you were told to keep the original shipment? Sounds fishy.

Nov 11, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #7 of 24
I think i remember seeing this persons auctions. They were awfully cheap, think like 14 bucks shipped. They did say apple in the description but they also said no volume control. However I just did a search for this seller and it looks like their now selling genuine stuff. The price is a lot more, its 57 dollars now. Maybe their telling the truth. After looking at their new auctions I would give them a chance.

Nov 11, 2009 at 7:39 AM Post #9 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by kapster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think i remember seeing this persons auctions. They were awfully cheap, think like 14 bucks shipped. They did say apple in the description but they also said no volume control. However I just did a search for this seller and it looks like their now selling genuine stuff. The price is a lot more, its 57 dollars now. Maybe their telling the truth. After looking at their new auctions I would give them a chance.

Price being much higher does not necessarily means you get genuine one. It is just basic supply and demand problem.

Who don't want more profit ?
tongue.gif

Nov 11, 2009 at 7:49 AM Post #10 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by gameboy115 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Price being much higher does not necessarily means you get genuine one. It is just basic supply and demand problem.

Who don't want more profit ?
tongue.gif

this, I don't really get why fakes always seem to sell so low, it would be easy to fake real ones in pics for somebody, charge normal price, and ship them the fakes....

Nov 11, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #11 of 24
Hmm. I think I'll wait for the other ones to arrive. I have nothing to lose really. As long as it's not anytime in December when my paypal protection runs out.

And I think it makes sense for them to let me keep the headphones. They are the ones who would have to pay 10 bucks shipping. Thats definately worth more than the headphones they sent me.

Am I eligible for Buyer Protection though? They put "Apple" in the item description. Technically I'm a victim of fraud, right?

Nov 11, 2009 at 9:57 PM Post #12 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by muxenle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this, I don't really get why fakes always seem to sell so low, it would be easy to fake real ones in pics for somebody, charge normal price, and ship them the fakes....

my guess would be that the lower prices attracts more people and thus are able to sell a lot more compared to normal price. so although their individual profit from that item may not be as high they sell a lot more which makes their total profits higher.

Nov 11, 2009 at 10:09 PM Post #13 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my guess would be that the lower prices attracts more people and thus are able to sell a lot more compared to normal price. so although their individual profit from that item may not be as high they sell a lot more which makes their total profits higher.

true, but even if they raised there prices by ~dollars they would still be largely undercutting the reals, so they would still be getting a lot of buys, and it would probably about double their profit

Nov 11, 2009 at 10:48 PM Post #14 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by boucarion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am I eligible for Buyer Protection though? They put "Apple" in the item description. Technically I'm a victim of fraud, right?

Yes, especially now that they promised you the genuine product. Honestly, paypal gets dozens of these cases per day and they almost always side with the buyer.

Nov 17, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #15 of 24
I received them 15 minutes ago. Much more convincing. With the mesh tips and all, but still fake. They have more bass this time, but there are literally no mids or highs it's sad. They're fake and sound nothing like my friend's ADDIEM's.

What should I do first? Contact seller or just file a complaint right now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back