Got duped by fraudulent ebay seller!
Sep 12, 2007 at 9:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

luidge

1000+ Head-Fier
Well it is the first time that i have to go with such hassle over fleebay. Yesterday i bought an iRiver H140 for 174$ and was really happy about it. The seller then sent me a personal email where he asked me what would be my best offer, so i replied that the amount i won my auction would be my last offer, as i wanted to keep it in ebay and didn't really wanted to deal with him personally. So then i tought that he was gonna back out leaving me a bad feedback for something that he would have brought up. But to my surprise i got a total from ebay and payed with my paypal (wich i shouldn't have done since i was skeptical at this moment). Then today i got an email from ebay saying that this member account got closed for some reasons they couldn't provide me. So i needed to fill a claim with paypal since it's the way i paid. I hope it won't take too much time before i got some news about this case
mad.gif

Ever got something like that sent to you by ebay? If so did the problem got cared off?

Sep 12, 2007 at 9:36 PM Post #2 of 21
paypal is usually very good for buyers in disputes; but only if the seller has money in his paypal account. if he does, you should if you follow all the proper steps get back your money. if his account balance is nothing, then you are most likely out of luck for paypal recourse. also, if you paid by CC via paypal. contact your cc company to dispute the charge.

good luck.

Sep 12, 2007 at 9:40 PM Post #3 of 21
No unfortunately i paid with non-cc. If paypal won't reissue me my money i will try with my bank institution
blink.gif
but i don't think they will be very helpful. Well let wait and see now.

Sep 12, 2007 at 10:01 PM Post #4 of 21
i've only been truly ripped off twice

1st time was for a copy of GTA Vice City... the guy was selling a number of PS2 games and systems that didn't exist... last i heard he was arrested

2nd time was some guy in florida who i bought a couple of xbox games from... never recieved, he claimed they were returned, claimed to fed-ex them but would not provide a tracking number when asked

i've also purchased from the "stock photo" sellers... they get a bunch of one type of item (which may have significant variations in features or color that may affect value) and reuse the same photo while not a true rip-off it's a bit lazy and pisses me off when i'm bidding for harder to find variation pictured but get common variation i already have 5 of

Sep 12, 2007 at 11:05 PM Post #6 of 21
Yeah that's what i would be doing now on
tongue.gif

Seiously im pretty pissed but more at myself for not taking into bigger consideration the fact that he did sent me this stupid best offer email. But eh can't be on the edge every time.

Sep 12, 2007 at 11:09 PM Post #7 of 21
i'm really sorry about that, was that the money from the interconnect sale? hope it works out for you

Sep 12, 2007 at 11:11 PM Post #8 of 21
a couple of days ago I bid on a bada ph12 on ebay. I lost the auction but the next day I got an email from someone claiming to be the seller who was willing to sell me the amp for my last bid ($100). the guy just needed my name, address, etc. I got a link that was supposedly from ebay (it wasn't, but it looked damn good) to pay. I emailed the original seller to make sure it wasn't him. it wasn't. I chalked it up to the typical--if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. I'd like to find the crook and slug him though.

Sep 13, 2007 at 1:14 AM Post #10 of 21
Thank you. I can only be patient here though. But i will head-fi got this thing on me. I ordered so much stuffs from different people across north america that i don't wait for nothing to arrive now, thing just pop out and put a smile on my face. I am sure all will go well.

Sep 13, 2007 at 2:46 AM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrwinick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a couple of days ago I bid on a bada ph12 on ebay. I lost the auction but the next day I got an email from someone claiming to be the seller who was willing to sell me the amp for my last bid ($100). the guy just needed my name, address, etc. I got a link that was supposedly from ebay (it wasn't, but it looked damn good) to pay. I emailed the original seller to make sure it wasn't him. it wasn't. I chalked it up to the typical--if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. I'd like to find the crook and slug him though.

yeah if it's legit they will do the second chance offer thing direct through ebay and it shows up under "my messages" on ebay... i've been sent a handful of second chance offers but usually after i bought the same item from another seller... did bite on one though (seller had more than one of the same item)

Sep 13, 2007 at 3:22 AM Post #13 of 21
98% with something like 150 or so items sold. Not that bad since i have less than that for stupid errors i did when i had my account in the beggining. Like biding on something i dont need because i tought i could back out anytime :S

Sep 13, 2007 at 7:06 AM Post #14 of 21
I am sorry to hear!
Hope you recover the money...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back