Got Darth?
Apr 25, 2007 at 11:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

D1g1talV3n0m

100+ Head-Fier
I do. I just got my Darth Beyers in today from Xiode (Closed Bloodwood V3's with 2m Black Max). I also purchased a MisterX XP amp from Spaceman Spliff (Was very nice meeting you today also (Wish we could have actually talked and met rather then a quick exchange.)

I must say that I am IN LOVE!! I have NEVER heard music like this. I can't believe the depth of the bass, clarity of the mids, and even the highs sound gorgeous to put it lightly. This is literally the best $ I have spent in a long time. I'm hearing things in music I have never heard before and even "feeling" the bass. Right now I am listening to Bela Fleck & The Fleckstones Bluegrass Sessions DVD-A. I can't stop tapping my foot. Could a open Darth be in my future? I think so.
biggrin.gif

My next purchase will be a Aria so things should only get better.

The headphones do fit tight but that's because I have a big head haha. I know they will break in over time and will only get better. Still the best fitting headphone I have ever owned. Feels like a part of me in some respects.

I honestly never though I would say this but....Yes Head-Fi my wallet hates you but I love you.

Thanks to everyone who helped me along my way to these great headphones. (Skylab, Xiode, Spaceman Spliff, MisterX, and Great Dane) I really do appreciate everything and am VERY happy with my headphones and portable amp.

basshead.gif

Apr 25, 2007 at 11:14 PM Post #2 of 22
I got to see them fresh out of the box. They look like he got a pair of brand new bloodwoods. Kudos to the previous owner they are really beautiful.

I told you they sounded awesome lol. Did you use the receiver? My Pm isn't working atm? So sorry if I don't reply.

Apr 25, 2007 at 11:20 PM Post #3 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacemanspliff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got to see them fresh out of the box. They look like he got a pair of brand new bloodwoods. Kudos to the previous owner they are really beautiful.

Thank you sir.
orphsmile.gif

Apr 25, 2007 at 11:24 PM Post #4 of 22
The Dark Side has claimed you, Youngling. This is good.

MUAHAHAHAHA.

Apr 25, 2007 at 11:30 PM Post #5 of 22
Quote:

I told you they sounded awesome lol. Did you use the receiver? My Pm isn't working atm? So sorry if I don't reply.

I used them out of my outlaw 1070 but I am now using them from my Denon directly into the MisterX and then directly to the headphones.

I am just completely AMAZED by the amount of bass that these things have. I definately have found what sounds the best to me. Remember how I was debating about the money? I now can't believe I got them for what I did. Many thanks to Dan for listing them and trusting me though I only had 0 posts.

You want to sell your Boobies? Haha
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by roastpuff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Dark Side has claimed you, Youngling. This is good.

MUAHAHAHAHA.

Claimed me? No the Darth's OWN me. I have not taken them off since I got home.
biggrin.gif

Apr 25, 2007 at 11:33 PM Post #6 of 22
haha is right. you have as much chance of getting those as I do in winning the Ms. America pagent.

That Bella probably sounds awesome. Try some Primus too if you have it.

basshead.gif

Apr 26, 2007 at 12:43 AM Post #8 of 22
I have no pictures of my own just yet. Will this weekend when I get a chance to take some. In the meantime here is one that Xiode had. It is the one on the right.

cans.jpg

Apr 26, 2007 at 12:56 AM Post #9 of 22
i hear good things between meier amps and the DBs... so i know the Aria works well with them, but what about my E-MU 0404 USB? i don't wanna spend more than i have to!

you guys are making me spend all my money =( but first, you must give me more info!

EHEHEHEHE

Apr 26, 2007 at 1:18 AM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by D1g1talV3n0m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Claimed me? No the Darth's OWN me. I have not taken them off since I got home.
biggrin.gif

Even better. Darth has you now!

Seriously, congrats. And go get a V3 open, they seriously rock. I want a V3 open tooooooooooo~
frown.gif

Apr 26, 2007 at 1:22 AM Post #11 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by D1g1talV3n0m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have no pictures of my own just yet. Will this weekend when I get a chance to take some. In the meantime here is one that Xiode had. It is the one on the right.

cans.jpg

Congrats. Darth Beyers are amazing when properly amped.

I believe those are mine on the left. It's odd because I think I read that Xiode got V2 and I'm fairly certain that Larry told me at the time of my order that mine would be V3.

Apr 26, 2007 at 1:49 AM Post #12 of 22
There was a weeks dfifference b/w the V2 and V3 and no difference in the sound anyway so don't bother with that.

The MisterX XP is an EXCELLENT amp for the $$. He makes a desktop model too I think. Both are very affordable and awesome for Darths.

Apr 26, 2007 at 2:27 AM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by roastpuff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even better. Darth has you now!

Seriously, congrats. And go get a V3 open, they seriously rock. I want a V3 open tooooooooooo~
frown.gif

My next headphone purchase WILL BE Darth Beyer V3 Open.

Quote:

The MisterX XP is an EXCELLENT amp for the $$. He makes a desktop model too I think. Both are very affordable and awesome for Darths.

So far I have no complaints what-so-ever about the MisterX XP amp. I love the sound of the Darth's with the unit and I can't imagine what it will be like as I move up in the head-fi world. I'm actually debating wether or not to go Imod or just buy a Opera with DAC and use all my sources with it. Soooo many choices.

basshead.gif

Apr 26, 2007 at 2:50 AM Post #14 of 22
Congrats, and welcome to Team Headphile :)

Apr 26, 2007 at 3:47 AM Post #15 of 22
I want Darths...I loved the sound of a Hornet (no M) with DT770/250's...I wanna hear 250ohm Darths with a Hornet M or vinyl. I don't think I would ever leave my house, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back