Got bees?
Jun 3, 2010 at 11:35 AM Post #16 of 20
Most Bee swarms are temporary, within 2 days the Bees will usually move on to a location such as a hollow tree. If this ever happens again the best way to get the Bees to move on without spending alot of money is to spray them with water until they move on. The best option is to call a beekeeper to recover them. I catch swarms in my shorts and a tee shirt
bigsmile_face.gif
Wow. Well I'm a commercial beekeeper. We run 1200 hives and produce Honey, Bees and provide pollination services from Michigan to Florida and almonds in California. We also provide a Honey Bee removal service where we don't destroy the bees and do a minimal amount of damage removing the Bees and there combs.

Just spraying the Bees or having an exterminator destroy them will not solve a Honey Bee infestation. The colony can weight anywhere from 2 lbs to 15 lbs. That is alot of organic matter. The dead colony has alot of moisture content that along with any larvae and honey has the equivalent of a dead Raccoon in your wall, it will get stinky
eek.gif
. The other problem with leaving the combs behind is other critters are attracted including Honey Bees. Think about a scout bee looking for a new home. She finds no one home but the refrigerator is full.

Hope this helps
wink_face.gif

Jun 3, 2010 at 11:53 AM Post #17 of 20
holy_thread_resurrection_batman.jpg

Jun 3, 2010 at 1:52 PM Post #19 of 20
You know, a lot of places have bee keepers who are more than happy to come out and take the queen bee (and the hive) away for free.

But if you are some sort of sadistic fool who enjoys torturing creatures go to town, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back