Got an iPod today...
Sep 30, 2006 at 12:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Cjattwood

500+ Head-Fier
Picked up my first iPod today, a 2G 8GB iPod Nano. It's pretty damn nice so far, just finished loading all my songs through Winamp onto it (sadly, Winamp seems to not have implemented gapless yet, unless I'm mistaken), now just listening to some Pearl Jam on it. Public service announcement over!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apologies for the poor quality, pic was taken with my phone.

[EDIT: It appears gapless playback is working, just listening to Dark Side of the Moon and there's no gaps :p]

Now I am very happy
biggrin.gif

Sep 30, 2006 at 1:39 PM Post #2 of 5
Congrats on your iPod. I thought Apple implementation of gapless on the iPod required you to use iTunes to achieve it. Has Winamp found a way around this?

Sep 30, 2006 at 1:44 PM Post #3 of 5
It seems they have, yes. Winamp/AOL recently (as in, in the last few days) released a new version, which, in the changelog has "iTunes gapless playback support". I really have to give it to Winamp's creators, it really kicks ass.

Sep 30, 2006 at 1:50 PM Post #5 of 5
I'm trying to find a way to get album art working through Winamp, not sure if it's going to work yet. I tried a few tracks with album art, the same way iTunes does it (using mp3tag), but when I transferred the tracks over in Winamp the album art wasn't there. It seems it works if you transfer the tracks over with Anapod though, according to iLounge. I'll keep trying though, would be nice to get some album art on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back