Got an amazing deal today.
Jun 26, 2007 at 10:18 PM Post #31 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by vulc4n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm actually using a 2G Nano. I don't have any problem with the 2G Nano as a source. I think its holds its own just fine, regardless of what some people say.

I need some more time with them to answer the question of are they worth 170.00

You found them in the mp3 accessory section right?

Jun 26, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #32 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by wgr73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You found them in the mp3 accessory section right?

Yes. It was lying on the shelf by itself, under the rest of the headphones. There wasn't an actual rack for it anywhere that I could find.

Jun 26, 2007 at 10:48 PM Post #33 of 41
Did you also try playing the lottery that day?
tongue.gif
What a crazy lucky find dude. Congrats!

Jun 26, 2007 at 10:52 PM Post #34 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Klarus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you also try playing the lottery that day?
tongue.gif
What a crazy lucky find dude. Congrats!

Well, It was today... so I COULD go grab som sort of lotto ticket. It just so happens that today was also the first day of my summer job.

Jun 26, 2007 at 11:57 PM Post #37 of 41
Quote:

Yes. It was lying on the shelf by itself, under the rest of the headphones. There wasn't an actual rack for it anywhere that I could find.

Cool. I just went by and they had nothing!

Jun 27, 2007 at 1:38 AM Post #38 of 41
Thanks for the input. Look forward to hearing what you think of them on your Nano after further use.

CompuPlus.com has them for 150, which would put them at 140 as they are Google Checkout participants and you get 10 bucks off your first purchase with GC. The unfortunate thing is that, for some reason the 1 pound package that they come out to be costs 15 bucks to ship from there. That's pretty lame.

They do have some pretty pallettable prices on some other buds though, even with 15 dollar shipping applied like Shure E3c for 99 bucks. Taking a bit of a look at them for that price. Own the E2c's and not a huge fan, so I'm not certain the E3c's would be enough of a step up to be satisfactory. Still an attractive price.

Jun 27, 2007 at 2:02 AM Post #39 of 41
Wow! What a deal!

My guess is that you walked in on someone's theft plot. Obviously Joe Criminal couldn't just walk out the door with them; he would be caught very quickly by the store's cameras and magnetic scanners. He probably just switched the barcodes with some cheapo pair of $20 phones and put the UEs in a discreet location. He contracts a buddy to go and "buy" them for him the next day, but he didn't count on the eagle-eyed vulc4n finding them first.
biggrin.gif

Just a guess, but it's the only plausible scenario I can think of. Wal-Mart isn't known for their charity (i.e. 90% markdowns), but they are known as a big target for shoplifters.

Jun 27, 2007 at 4:39 AM Post #40 of 41
Quote:

IF they had had more than one, I would've bought every single one.

Like I said though, it was the only UE product in the store. I'm gonna call around and see if anyone else has them.

I'm not quite sure how I missed that last sentence. I need to start reading more carefully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back