Got all my equipment (2.1 speaker system) need help getting connected
Jan 8, 2024 at 8:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

NilsOlav

Head-Fier
End goal: TV as main audio source so that TV apps and game consoles also use the speaker system, but I also want to listen to music and watch movies from my PC at hi-fi audio quality. Specifically, I need very specific instructions on what cable connects to what in what order.

• TV: LG OLED B6 (has options for Optical - PCM, or HDMI ARC SIMPLINK HDMI-CEC, or LG Sound Sync (Optical)
  • PC: Windows 11 PC
  • YAMAHA RX-V6A: Just got this
  • Emotiva Mini-X A-100 Amp
  • KEF Q300 Speakers
  • SVS Subwoofer
  • Prozor DAC
Appreciate any help. Currently, I've just been using HDMI to go from PC to TV which I understand might not result in the best audio quality, so I bought the receiver and am trying to figure getting all of this set up including the types of cables that go from each device so I can buy any I need.

Jan 8, 2024 at 1:30 PM Post #2 of 4
Depending upon how many HDMI inputs your new Yamaha has, everything can be ran thru it, except for the Emotiva and Prozor, which are redundant in this situation and you will have no need for them. Once everything is connected to the Yamaha, you run HDMI out to TV. You might be able to use eARC to get a two way signal.

EDIT: It looks like that Yamaha does not have HDMI 2.1 (don't quote me on that) which means it will not support 4K 120hz gaming from PC or PS5/Xbox. Unfortunately it looks like your TV is a 2016 model, so no HDMI 2.1 on it either.
Unless you are a hardcore gamer, it's not the end of the world. You can still game on this setup, it just won't be in the fastest/best settings.

Speakers and sub will connect to the Yamaha.

Jan 8, 2024 at 4:59 PM Post #3 of 4
End goal: TV as main audio source so that TV apps and game consoles also use the speaker system, but I also want to listen to music and watch movies from my PC at hi-fi audio quality. Specifically, I need very specific instructions on what cable connects to what in what order.

• TV: LG OLED B6 (has options for Optical - PCM, or HDMI ARC SIMPLINK HDMI-CEC, or LG Sound Sync (Optical)
  • PC: Windows 11 PC
  • YAMAHA RX-V6A: Just got this
  • Emotiva Mini-X A-100 Amp
  • KEF Q300 Speakers
  • SVS Subwoofer
  • Prozor DAC
Appreciate any help. Currently, I've just been using HDMI to go from PC to TV which I understand might not result in the best audio quality, so I bought the receiver and am trying to figure getting all of this set up including the types of cables that go from each device so I can buy any I need.
If you already have the Yamaha receiver, the Emotiva amp wasn't necessary. You can also get rid of the dac. You'd definitely need the receiver to integrate the speakers and sub.
Use the hdmi ports from your tv and PC to connect to the receiver. Set the speakers to small and keep the sub option on. Find the best crossover point usually starts from 80hz and you're good to go.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2024 at 8:37 AM Post #4 of 4
Thanks guys. Feeling a little ill today so I'll stick with my current setup I tried on my own...optical from TV to Yamaha, then the pre-out goes to my Emotiva which connects to speakers and sub. Then I use the Pure Direct setting and it sounds very, very good better than my setup has ever sounded. The Emotiva was part of my old setup back when I could not afford a receiver. I'm wondering if the Emotiva is worth keeping in the setup due to the low pass filter capability it has, or does the Yamaha have that?

Also if you guys have very clear step-by-step instructions including what cable to connect to what section of the Yamaha that would be great.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back