Got a ZUNE
Dec 20, 2006 at 2:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

towelie

New Head-Fier
sleek design and surprisingly good sound quality, from what I have been able to hear in the preloaded content though. I just bought this yesterday and started hating it pretty quickly. I'd read how the software was writting like complete ****, but I didn't think it would be this bad. I've reinstalled about 5 times, but the zune software (since you HAVE to use that to sync with the zune) does not recognize the actual zune. Windows device manager recognizes and installs it just fine, so it's not the USB port (all the ones I've tried). Figured this forum would be good to get opinions from other Zune owners, thanks for all the help.

Dec 20, 2006 at 4:10 PM Post #3 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
go to www.zunescene.com

Check the forums...

I've read through all 18 pages of that site along with many others; I was just hoping people in this site would have a more technical approach to the problem other than "r u sure u hav windows xp?"

Dec 20, 2006 at 4:50 PM Post #5 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by exX08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There was an update released today. Mabey it will fix all your problems.

"No update needed". Hmph...guess I'm gonna return it today (just bought it yesterday). I'm really quite surprised at how buggy it is and how many people seem to have problems.

Dec 20, 2006 at 8:00 PM Post #7 of 45
are you up to date on the windows updates?? mine would not install software till i updated my windows...
rolleyes.gif
EDIT and only use rear usb on the motherboard usb ports some kind of issues using front ports

Dec 20, 2006 at 9:56 PM Post #9 of 45
Mine installed fine each time. Make sure Windows is all updated. I just downloaded it off the website instead of using the disk that came with it. So far I really like the player and haven't really had any problems. Good luck

Dec 21, 2006 at 12:01 AM Post #10 of 45
well, I have done all of the windows updates, except 2 of them, Internet Explorer 7, and a security update for Internet Explorer. For some very odd reason though...I can't download IE7 from windows because of...validation problems, lol. Still though, I don't think that'd be a critical update..would it?

Dec 21, 2006 at 5:33 AM Post #11 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by exX08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had to update windows to install mine. Once I got it installed it works flawlessly. I think it is better than Itunes.

But is it better than an iPod?

Dec 21, 2006 at 5:49 AM Post #12 of 45
In sincerely hope MS will have this sorted out soon because my next wishlist contains a Zune.

But on the USB issue I had problems too ealier with my Rio Karma. Had to install and uninstall a few times to get them sorted out and only after getting the most recent Windows Update did it worked flawlessly, even Windows Media Player 10 have no problem synching with my Karma.

Dec 21, 2006 at 11:28 PM Post #15 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by polvodediamante /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn, I was kinda looking to buy a Zune but all I've heard is how bad it's software is so I think I'll wait a year or so and hope MS fixes that or comes out with a >80GB model or something.

wait, a Microsoft product is having software udpate caveats?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back