Got a Subaru Legacy GT, going to stop saving for headphones
Jul 18, 2007 at 6:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

pheonix991

500+ Head-Fier
It has been a good run guys. But, I just got a new car. A 1997 Subaru Legacy GT. It is my first car, have to pay for everything(insurance and gas) my parents arn't going to help, which means, I have to cut out one of my super expencive hobbies to pay for this one. So, it just happens that headphones are the only one that won't make me money or get me the ladies.

But, I am planning on buying some headphones within the next year, then it is quits till I'm either in dire need for headphones, or I'm out of college.
List of headphone stuff to buy before college graduation:
New mp3 player
UM1's
MS-1's
Probably it.

But, this is a great forum, hate to leave, but, I just can't afford it between all of my hobbies, which include photography(get the ladies and money), computers(get money), and cars(most fun, and gets the ladies). So, as all you can guess, they are super expensive, and I'm only 17, which means I've got to work a lot to pay for them all.

I'm really excited about my first car, plan on a new intake, suspension, and exhaust, and dirt tires to play with every once in a while. Should be fun.

I'm going to miss you guys.

Here is a pic of my car from the ebay auction.
o.jpg

ROCK ON!!!
eggosmile.gif

*wallet dies*

Jul 18, 2007 at 6:11 AM Post #2 of 18
haha congrats! i imagine i will still be seeing you around EOCF
tongue.gif
--- enjoy your new car! sad that you have to leave head-fi though --- i'm kind of with you though... now that i've satisfied my ears, i have to put my headphone hobby to rest for a while, while i satisfy my other hobbies (photography is gettin it now heh).

once again, enjoy your car, and i'll catch ya on EOCF haha
biggrin.gif

Jul 18, 2007 at 6:16 AM Post #3 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sh0eBoX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha congrats! i imagine i will still be seeing you around EOCF
tongue.gif
--- enjoy your new car! sad that you have to leave head-fi though --- i'm kind of with you though... now that i've satisfied my ears, i have to put my headphone hobby to rest for a while, while i satisfy my other hobbies (photography is gettin it now heh).

once again, enjoy your car, and i'll catch ya on EOCF haha
biggrin.gif

Thanks man, I'll def. enjoy it. EOCF will still get my love, I'll always need a computer(Asus EEE Laptop is next!!!).

Photography is a costly hobby, thank god I don't have a DSLR.

yet...

My ears have yet to be satisfied, but, I always have the rest of my life right? I'll only have this car for so long!

Edit: had to change the teams in my sig.

Jul 18, 2007 at 6:21 AM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by pheonix991 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks man, I'll def. enjoy it. EOCF will still get my love, I'll always need a computer(Asus EEE Laptop is next!!!).

haha wurd me too... even if i don't upgrade it for a while... i will pretty much always be around there
tongue.gif

Quote:

Photography is a costly hobby, thank god I don't have a DSLR.

yet...

oh god... you better be thanking the heavens you don't have one yet hahaha --- and i thought headphones were expensive... shoooot

Quote:

My ears have yet to be satisfied, but, I always have the rest of my life right? I'll only have this car for so long!

haha yep! and don't worry, you'll find your audio nirvana soon haha
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 18, 2007 at 6:34 AM Post #6 of 18
Nice car, and even better because you picked a Subaru!
tongue.gif

I'm sure you'll come over and check the site out every now and then...besides, once you get your own house and your own source of income, you're set for life (kinda), and maybe you can pick up this hobby again.

Best of luck, and have fun!

Jul 18, 2007 at 6:40 AM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice car, and even better because you picked a Subaru!
tongue.gif

I'm sure you'll come over and check the site out every now and then...besides, once you get your own house and your own source of income, you're set for life (kinda), and maybe you can pick up this hobby again.

Best of luck, and have fun!

Thanks man.

That seems to be my plan. Like you said, get my own house, and income, and I can pick this hobby up again.

Jul 18, 2007 at 7:32 PM Post #12 of 18
Stay in the member's lounge and don't you visit the headphone forum! Good luck with the car!

Jul 18, 2007 at 9:03 PM Post #13 of 18
Nice looking car there. I've always liked the pre-2003ish Subarus.

Jul 19, 2007 at 2:31 AM Post #14 of 18
Thanks guys, my dad has gone to pick up the car, he can finally tell me how it does on the high way(I'm sure it will do fine).

Quote:

Originally Posted by roastpuff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stay in the member's lounge and don't you visit the headphone forum! Good luck with the car!

That is a really good idea, that is what I've been doing on EOCF.com for the past year...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back