got a sansa e140 today
Apr 23, 2006 at 3:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

citywithoutmetal

100+ Head-Fier
It kicks ass, I can't wait to workout with it.
It doesn't play at very high volumes but it's good enough for the gym with some earphones.
Has anybody compared it's sound with the shuffle? just curious cause i'm definitely not taking this back :>

Apr 23, 2006 at 11:17 PM Post #2 of 16
Shuffle arguably pretty much owns/pwns (
tongue.gif
) any other player in the market atm, with arguably a few exceptions (iAudio X5, 5th Gen iPod?).

Apr 24, 2006 at 3:28 AM Post #3 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
Shuffle arguably pretty much owns/pwns (
tongue.gif
) any other player in the market atm, with arguably a few exceptions (iAudio X5, 5th Gen iPod?).

The Shuffle is a damn good player, but I think my iAudio U3 is just a little bit better. I will give the Shuffle the edge in "bang for buck" since it's practically half the price. Just my opinion (I own the 5th gen, Shuffle and U3).

Apr 26, 2006 at 2:29 AM Post #4 of 16
I also love my e140! I'll take a screen and the expansion of the e140 over the shuffle all day! Once I pop some superFis I'll be good!.

Apr 26, 2006 at 3:22 AM Post #5 of 16
I just picked up the E130 from CC for $52 and got a 10 percent discount coupon for an accessory (got the EX90LP). For $52, you get a large screen, SD expandability, easy to use controls, Audible.com compatibility, drag and drop transfers, and a useful case. The only features missing for me are bookmarking, resume playing on power-on, and folder navigation (it uses tag navigation via self-databasing). It does remember your place in an Audible book. Transfers are relatively fast for an mp3 player. You can load music on several SD cards on your desktop card reader for later use on the E1xx. That is very convenient.

BTW, there is a new firmware upgrade available on the Sandisk website. I don't know what it fixes, but it is an easy upgrade.

Apr 26, 2006 at 10:59 AM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by IpaqMan
drag and drop transfers

I forgot to mention this. This is one of my favorite aspects of this player! I love that I don't have to install some crappy software to add or remove music to my device. I just plug it in and it sees it as a storage device.

Apr 26, 2006 at 9:46 PM Post #7 of 16
Anyone see the new E200 in person yet? I want to see how good that DAP is.

May 5, 2006 at 12:36 AM Post #11 of 16
A tip to E130/E140 users: for expansion, fast SD cards help with the boot time.

A standard 1gb Sandisk SD card increased the boot time from 4 seconds to 14 seconds. A Corsair 133x 1gb SD card increased the boot time to less than 10 seconds.

May 5, 2006 at 5:17 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFNDeal
I forgot to mention this. This is one of my favorite aspects of this player! I love that I don't have to install some crappy software to add or remove music to my device. I just plug it in and it sees it as a storage device.

do you have to install some crappy software to add or remove music to either the U2, U3, or iAudio6? i hate that a lot and after seeing the online cnet video clip review on the U3, im not sure if they meant that U3 does need that software.

When I had the iAudio5, i know it didn't need it. Is that the difference in COWON terminology between the Flash Drive Players and the Hard Drive players?

May 5, 2006 at 9:24 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Basketballer
do you have to install some crappy software to add or remove music to either the U2, U3, or iAudio6? i hate that a lot and after seeing the online cnet video clip review on the U3, im not sure if they meant that U3 does need that software.

When I had the iAudio5, i know it didn't need it. Is that the difference in COWON terminology between the Flash Drive Players and the Hard Drive players?

You do not have to install any software for XP, 2K, or WinMe. It is drag and drop. Moreover, there are two external drives added to your PC when the E100 is connected. One drive is for the SD card. You can even add the music to the SD card without even using the E100 if you have a separate card reader on your PC.

May 8, 2006 at 2:26 AM Post #14 of 16
Is there any difference in sound quality between the e200, m200, and e100 series? I don't care at all about an fm tuner, pictures, or video.

I'm torn between a Sandisk and a Samsung Z5. As far as I can tell the battery in the Z5 is not replaceable, and it lacks UMP support. If the sound of the Sandisks is as good, or almost as good, as the Z5 I think I'll get a Sandisk, even if it means having to download firmware updates.

May 10, 2006 at 6:44 PM Post #15 of 16
For Audible.com users, the e130 allows you to copy *.aa directly to it as opposed to using Itunes or Audible Manager. You still have to activate your player but copying is so much easier than using a manager program. My Muvo required the Audible Manager.

BTW, it seems that there is some sort of hardware reason for the two firmware tracks of v1.xxxx and v2.xxxx. Using recovery mode, I was able to upgrade a v1 e130 to v2; however, one of my PCs would no longer connect to it, so I downgraded back to v1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back