Got a question to all you UE users.....
Jul 3, 2004 at 9:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

milamber

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all i think this might be my first post here but i've been reading about for a while and its interesting.

Anyways i was reading the UE website and a lot of you complain about the 'leaness' of the bass on the UE10pros then i saw the UE7... it seems its triple driver but it has a better bass response? anyone care to enlighten me?
oh and btw... sorry to sound noob!

Jul 3, 2004 at 10:08 AM Post #2 of 3
Read my review, read the music I tested with. Bass is awesome. And I conducted a test, that clearly shows that bass is awesome (subjectively) at completely safe hearing levels (objectively).
Unfortunately I'm still unable to publish the full results for it, since cmascatello is not sending me one crucial data I lack.

Jul 3, 2004 at 2:59 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by milamber
Hi all i think this might be my first post here but i've been reading about for a while and its interesting.

Anyways i was reading the UE website and a lot of you complain about the 'leaness' of the bass on the UE10pros then i saw the UE7... it seems its triple driver but it has a better bass response? anyone care to enlighten me?
oh and btw... sorry to sound noob!

I don't know about better bass, but the frequency response plots suggest that the 7 Pro has lower low-frequency sensitivity compared to the 10 Pro. In other words, it seems like the 10 Pro has a lot more bass than the 7 Pro. The UE-7 Pro has a significant mid freq hump (2 - 4 kHz). The 10 Pro only has a mild hump. The 7 Pro is meant to sound 'loud' with very forward vocals according to Jerry Harvey@UE. Good for rock bands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back