got a new mp3-hd player
Jan 7, 2002 at 7:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

tracylynn

100+ Head-Fier
for xmas i got a new mp3-hd player...isnt the ipod..awww!!

is an archos 6.0gb recorder.... $350 at c.c.

maybe i should do i review...archos vs nomad mg... maybe l8r

i also took some webcam pix of it....

www.geocities.com/maxfli_cdn [last updated...01.07.02]

nu pix for my nu toy

Jan 7, 2002 at 7:44 PM Post #2 of 15
the link doesnt want to work for me.

Jan 7, 2002 at 8:44 PM Post #4 of 15
Nice Toy, Tracy.

How portable is this thing? It looks like you could throw in windows with it... (or thin walls
biggrin.gif
)

Bye

Redwoood

Jan 7, 2002 at 9:01 PM Post #6 of 15
ITs about the same size as the iPod. Only difference is the thickness. I dont ever carry this thing there, but while in a jam and in need of both hands, I was able to fit it in my jean pocket. Real tight, but I got it in there!!
wink.gif
I'm a big advocate for Archos MP3 Players.

Jan 8, 2002 at 1:26 AM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

ITs about the same size as the iPod. Only difference is the thickness. I dont ever carry this thing there, but while in a jam and in need of both hands, I was able to fit it in my jean pocket. Real tight, but I got it in there!! I'm a big advocate for Archos MP3 Players.

is the same size as the ipod... i never seen the ipod b4.
my local bestbuy and circuit city does not sell the ipods

archos rule!

Jan 8, 2002 at 3:22 AM Post #8 of 15
I own an iPod, and I've played around with the Archos. The Archos "feels" like it is twice as big. The iPod is probably about the size of that nomad you have on your website.

Jan 8, 2002 at 5:19 AM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

I own an iPod, and I've played around with the Archos. The Archos "feels" like it is twice as big. The iPod is probably about the size of that nomad you have on your website.

i want to get an ipod.. but i only WORKS on a mac!

i have an xp box!

ipod is the same as the nomad II mg......... really, dat small?

Jan 8, 2002 at 5:49 AM Post #10 of 15
Well, I know I don't need two hands to squeeze it down my jeans pocket. It's about the size of a deck of cards.

The iPod has a 1.8 inch drive in it. I think archos has a 2.5 inch drive?

Jan 8, 2002 at 6:51 PM Post #11 of 15
I have seen them side by side, and the Archos player has a good bit more bulk to it due to the larger hard drive. The difference in size alone wouldn't be enough to sway my buying decision, but the fact I can't afford either and don't want either does
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 8, 2002 at 9:07 PM Post #13 of 15
A friend of mind just purchased an Archos. He got it becuase it uses the same HD as a laptop uses so he could upgrade it. He now has a 20GB drive in it. I heard it and it sounds pretty good but I really don't listen to MP3s that much so I haven't purchased one myself.

Jan 8, 2002 at 9:26 PM Post #14 of 15
Rio is coming out with a new HD-Mp3 player. It looks and sounds like its going to be sweet. It also looks FRIGGIN HUGE and they haven't released measurements so I don't have much of an opinion on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back