Got A New Car!
Aug 7, 2006 at 4:40 PM Post #19 of 32
Wow...congratulations.....very nice car man. Wish I have more money to buy that.

Aug 7, 2006 at 5:10 PM Post #20 of 32
nice. so the rx7 fan finally grew up and went luxury! (no pun intended)

just wondering what made you get the ES over the GS or IS? i'm in the market for a GS. i'm 23, so i just got the feeling that the ES is more of a family sedan vs sport sedan of the GS...

Aug 7, 2006 at 10:58 PM Post #21 of 32
BUY HYBRID OR YOUR DESCENDANTS WILL BE CUSRING U FOR LIFE!!

Aug 7, 2006 at 11:43 PM Post #22 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by aluren
nice. so the rx7 fan finally grew up and went luxury! (no pun intended)

just wondering what made you get the ES over the GS or IS? i'm in the market for a GS. i'm 23, so i just got the feeling that the ES is more of a family sedan vs sport sedan of the GS...

Hey, I was driving a civic in my high school and college years. When I was driving a civic, it was really nice because it saved a lot of gas, but it lacks the smoothness and HP i was looking for.

The IS250 has only 204hp is the ride is real rough, if I buy that, it wouldn't be worth it for me to upgrade my civic. Sure, it's a little faster, but it's not going to be a dramatic change, also I will be driving the car to work so I want it to be smooth so I can relax and chill out. I live in CA so traffic is a pain, I just want to be comfortable in traffic and not have a lot of road noise. Also, the IS250/350 is really small in the back seat, test drive it and you'll know what i mean.

The GS, even though it's more exspensive, the ES is just as smooth and quiet when driving. So the ES has better value for me.

In the end, I picked the ES mainly because of the comfort and ride. It has 272hp which is enough for me to have a good time while driving, and it is extremely smooth/luxurious/quiet. I wont be racing or anything with the ES, it'll just be me driving so comfort is a big issue for me =) Ooh, and my favorite feature is ventilated (heated too) seats! Your seats have AC Air blowing into them, so it cools u down in the summer. I've heard of heated seats, but ventilated? that's pretty cool. All that stuff and more came standard with the ES, but with the IS, it's optional. So value is better with the ES I think.

Aug 7, 2006 at 11:53 PM Post #23 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks
Is it super quiet too on highway?

Yeah, it is extremely quiet and smooth, it's like i'm floating around. I purposely turn of the radio to test it out while driving at high speeds. I was trying it out at speeds 80+ and wind noise/road noise was extremely low. The ES also have this weird option where you can have the radio volume increase as you increase speed. There's a microphone next to the map light to judge road noise, so it does a pretty good job increasing the volume, the radio never played too loud.

Aug 8, 2006 at 12:34 AM Post #24 of 32
congrats! it must be better to be 23 now than in the past. at 23 i was driving a stinking toyota tercel
frown.gif

Aug 24, 2006 at 2:39 AM Post #28 of 32
Eventually Lexus is gonna start to include super higher end components,
albino cow leather, full wooden steering wheel hand made, alagator pedals and shift stick, leather seats adorned with eagle feather, titanium engine, anaconda handbag for golf clubs at the top of the oppening you will see the mouth open and it's fully functional so to secure your clubs just close the mouth.

Aug 24, 2006 at 2:42 AM Post #29 of 32
That car is almost right...all you need to do is lower it, put on some spinners, a giant wing, and decals of all your sponsors...then it'll be tight!
blink.gif

Just kidding...that's a sweet car, I've always liked the IS, but you gave some good reasoning for the choice...congrats!

Aug 24, 2006 at 2:00 PM Post #30 of 32
I'm glad to see another Lexus owner...
Nice car...

Here is mine:
83744013-L.jpg

83729702-L.jpg

I'm more the "sporty" type of guy
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back