Got a little water in my headphones
Sep 17, 2018 at 4:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

fmlman

New Head-Fier
Hey, I've never posted here before but I was wondering what people who probably know a lot more about headphones than i do thought about this. I have the Sennheiser HD 600's and I recently spilled a little water onto the pad and a little into the cup, it was probably about around an ounce of water, maybe a bit less. Like I said, a lot of it ended up getting on the outer pad. This happened maybe 3-4 days ago, I have not since plugged them into anything and they have been sitting on my dresser. I've seen suggestions of putting them in a bag of rice, putting them in a toaster oven and leaving them in the sun for a couple days.

Sep 17, 2018 at 9:30 PM Post #2 of 7
It should be fine to use by now, however, if you're really worried, you can use some sort of moisture absorbent, like silica gel.

Sep 18, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #4 of 7
I think they will be just fine if most of the water hit the pads and not the driver and then that isn’t a big problem as it was not submerged. Would not put them in rice or a toaster oven. If it is been several days you should be good to go . Have the pads dried out?

Sep 21, 2018 at 2:31 AM Post #5 of 7
I think they will be just fine if most of the water hit the pads and not the driver and then that isn’t a big problem as it was not submerged. Would not put them in rice or a toaster oven. If it is been several days you should be good to go . Have the pads dried out?
Sorry about the late reply. I've been travelling, yes the pads appear to be completely dry at this point and it's been about a week since the incident.

Sep 21, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #6 of 7
After a week, it should be fine. The water should have dried. If you're out of warranty, it might be worth disassembling them. But, honestly, I probably wouldn't unless you want to make completely sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back