got a d-3!
Aug 27, 2003 at 5:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

rally617

Head-Fier
I just recived my d-3 a couple of days ago and it really sings! TOTALY blows away the Phillips I was using. The headphone out has alot more volume ... probably twice at least
biggrin.gif
also, much more detail, less noise and smoother highs.(Really helps with the Grados...). I have yet to check the line out (need a good/decent mini - rca cable) but I will soon.It has a tendency to skip more than the Philips(more sensitive to shock/vibration) and needs for the front end to be raised an inch or two to read the first track or two on certain disks.(I will need to run a search to see if someone has posted a remedy for such a problem). Overall though I am very pleased with this machine and am looking forward to auditioning other vintage sonys.

It never ends....
biggrin.gif

Aug 27, 2003 at 6:15 AM Post #2 of 3
welcome to team old school sony.
smily_headphones1.gif

i don't suppose you could post a picture. i have no idea what a d-3 even looks like. know when it was made?

Aug 27, 2003 at 6:41 AM Post #3 of 3
Sorry, no digital camera... no I don't know when it was made but I guess someone here thats been at this alot longer could probably tell us. It's one of the largest of the portables (3 jewel cases!) but I mainly use it at my computer desk so it doesn't need to be super-portable for me.

Below is a link to a pic of the d-3 and many other pcdps as well:

http://www.cubemaster.com/subpages/i.../pcdps/d-3.htm

Mines black though, not silver...
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back