Goosebump raising Headphones
Nov 11, 2009 at 12:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

peli_kan

100+ Head-Fier
For many here on Head-Fi, the perfect headphone is a wonderful journey with no end in sight. There are too many headphones out there, too many amps to pair with, endless tweaks you can make to your rig and source.

Fortunately, I've reached that happy place where every single time I put on my headphones and let the music run I get the chills. I hear the snap sizzle of a snare drum, the perfect decay of a bass drum, and a level of goosebump-inducing transparency that tells me "this is where I want to be." Everything comes together perfectly, and all the sounds of instruments and vocals match up with what I've heard in real life from years of music performance.

Who else here has reached the quieting of doubts, a happy plateau where nothing but happiness comes out of your headphones? If you have, what rig has brought you to it?

Nov 11, 2009 at 12:58 AM Post #2 of 5
My headphones don't raise goosebumps, but they do get my blood pumpin and my feet tappin. I love how the SR225i convey rock music.

Nov 11, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #3 of 5
I can't say I've used an earphone yet that is quite that good. I've used earphones that have impressed me time and time again. Some are capable of some emotional sense, but that's about it. Maybe I just expect too much from audio equipment these days. I've been sticking to IEMs and buds though. I may have to transition to full sized cans to really get the highest of aural experiences. I don't know. I get hints of grandeur, but everything falls a little short in one way or another.

Nov 11, 2009 at 1:21 AM Post #4 of 5
So far, it seems like the JH13 are doing the trick for me...the incredible sound and extreme portability is what does it. A full-size headphone...or even smaller portable headphones just stand out too much and don't allow me to bring my music everywhere I'd like to. Now, I have a great home system and a fanastic portable system (run off of an Iphone 3G).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back