Google Talk.
Feb 9, 2006 at 4:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ricardo diaz

500+ Head-Fier
IS THE COOLEST I.M. CLIENT EVER.

Seriously. You can even chat from your gmail account with people on Google Talk. How awesome.

And the <3s turn pink!

Feb 9, 2006 at 5:09 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricardo diaz
IS THE COOLEST I.M. CLIENT EVER.

Seriously. You can even chat from your gmail account with people on Google Talk. How awesome.

And the <3s turn pink!

It's good, but i'll stick to AIM for now.
tongue.gif

Feb 9, 2006 at 6:43 PM Post #3 of 8
I'm sure google is logging everything you type to further help you and your internet surfing experience.
rolleyes.gif

Feb 10, 2006 at 9:55 AM Post #4 of 8
It uses the open standard and open source Jabber IM framework, which is pretty cool. I won't sign up for any Google service that requires personal identification, though, due to their rather uncool privacy policy (summary: privacy? What privacy?)

Feb 10, 2006 at 5:51 PM Post #5 of 8
I really like the "on the record" "off the record" thing. If both "chatters" do not have "on the record" selected.. no logs will be saved. Thats pretty cool. I have gmail and love it.. its by far the best email service ive ever used. And googletalk is right up there with it. Now if only i could get my 130 aim friends to switch over... HMMMMM.

Feb 10, 2006 at 6:16 PM Post #6 of 8
I've been using GoogleTalk for a while, and I love its clean interface and everything, but most of the people I know that use it also are on AIM and MSN and ICQ...
With Trillian, you can message people on GoogleTalk and on all those other ones, but you lose some of the functionality.
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamWill
...due to their rather uncool privacy policy (summary: privacy? What privacy?)

Didn't they get in trouble with the US Government for refusing to disclose personal and private information?

Feb 10, 2006 at 11:49 PM Post #7 of 8
Yeah, because it got them some good publicity. All the government wanted was an untraceable random sample of searches, though, which really isn't that big a privacy deal. Google makes as much noise as it can about big meaningless gestures (like the above) and as little noise as it can about it's privacy policy (seriously, read it) or kowtowing to the Chinese government or any of the other dubious things it does. "Don't be evil"? Pfah.

Feb 11, 2006 at 1:57 AM Post #8 of 8
Use Gaim. That way you can be logged in to your AIM, GoogleTalk, yahoo, whatever.. accounts at all times. No need to only have friends who use a single client.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back