Google Nexus 4
Jun 19, 2013 at 8:09 AM Post #151 of 266
All my troubles was gone after flashing the Franco Kernel (I'm using R155). I got both the headphone amp and volume boost on, I´m still experimenting with what amount that would be ideal. I´m highly recommend anyone with the N4 to install this kernel since its way better then the stock in all categories. 

All in All, the nexus 4 is a solid source and does produce more then resonable sound without an amp.

Jun 19, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #152 of 266
Quote:
All my troubles was gone after flashing the Franco Kernel (I'm using R155). I got both the headphone amp and volume boost on, I´m still experimenting with what amount that would be ideal. I´m highly recommend anyone with the N4 to install this kernel since its way better then the stock in all categories. 

All in All, the nexus 4 is a solid source and does produce more then resonable sound without an amp.

You said earlier in your nexus 4, highs were bright and ear piercing right? Is it fixed for you?

Because for me still the highs are very bright. I had to bring it down using Equalizer

Jun 19, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #154 of 266
I'm not sure about that, but now that you're rooted you should have DSP Manager which I believe is a hardware EQ.
@Gilly87, I have a doubt. 

If I increase Gain in Franco kernel which is hardware gain to maximum and then in any Equalizer if I decrease treble to  less than 0db then this setting is more like hardware equalizer right? since hardware gain is increased but treble is decreased

Jun 19, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #155 of 266
Quote:
I'm not sure about that, but now that you're rooted you should have DSP Manager which I believe is a hardware EQ.

But DSP Manager is available only in Cyanogenmod right? 

Could you please let me know where I could get DSP Manager? I searched in Play Store and even external website but no clue

Jun 19, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #157 of 266
Not sure...you should flash CM though :) I linked above to a version that has LTE enabled if your carrier supports the proper band :)
But DSP Manager is available only in Cyanogenmod right? 

Could you please let me know where I could get DSP Manager? I searched in Play Store and even external website but no clue

Jun 20, 2013 at 7:44 AM Post #158 of 266
Tried experimenting different settings but nothing satisfies me... Going back to Clip+ :frowning2:

I'm not lucky

Last time I bought Galaxy S2 without knowing that it has worst sound quality, this time I was very careful and bought Nexus 4 after reading all sound quality reviews but I got defected piece

I think for me I have to keep 2 different devices in my pocket (mobile & DAP)

Jun 20, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #160 of 266
That's a real bummer visan...I'm sorry you got so unlucky. I hope you at least enjoy the nexus as a phone; its a pretty powerful little device and there is a lot to explore now that you are rooted!
Tried experimenting different settings but nothing satisfies me... Going back to Clip+ :frowning2:

I'm not lucky

Last time I bought Galaxy S2 without knowing that it has worst sound quality, this time I was very careful and bought Nexus 4 after reading all sound quality reviews but I got defected piece

I think for me I have to keep 2 different devices in my pocket (mobile & DAP)

Jun 21, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #163 of 266
Nexus wins for sure. N4 with Faux Sound or Franco kernel is as good or better than my Voodoo'd Samsung Infuse, which is supposedly on par with Cowon J3, and better than iPhone 4, which is said to be better than the 5.
Does any one know how it compares to iPhone 5, Nexus 4 with all the best mod's to get audio better? 

Jun 21, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #164 of 266
@SimonReborn, were you able to achieve the sound quality which Gilly87 is mentioning. Because we both are facing same issues with respect to ear piercing treble. If you are able to achieve better sound quality with appropriate mods then I will again with on this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back