Google Nexus 4
Oct 7, 2013 at 4:07 AM Post #241 of 266
Hello guys,

I got my N4 as a replacement for my SGS+

I´m wondering if some of you have the same thing:

When I play a File in any App like Google Music, Poweramp or whatever and I pause it.
I have the usual noise a few more seconds. The Problem is, that there is a huge amount of digital artefact noise.
It gets really bad when watching videos. I guess it is the cpu or something.
When I use the touchscreen while using the headphone out, every touchscreen action causes this noise. 

I have to say, that I noticed it when using In-Ears and having a really low volume. Could it be impedance mismatch?

Thanks

Will

Oct 7, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #242 of 266
What cans did you notice this with?

Oct 7, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #244 of 266
It may be. On any phone you're going to get some EMI. On my N4 I only get it very occasionally.

Oct 8, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #246 of 266
I have that same problem with my Shure SE215 sometimes. 

Quote:
  Hello guys,

I got my N4 as a replacement for my SGS+

I´m wondering if some of you have the same thing:

When I play a File in any App like Google Music, Poweramp or whatever and I pause it.
I have the usual noise a few more seconds. The Problem is, that there is a huge amount of digital artefact noise.
It gets really bad when watching videos. I guess it is the cpu or something.
When I use the touchscreen while using the headphone out, every touchscreen action causes this noise. 

I have to say, that I noticed it when using In-Ears and having a really low volume. Could it be impedance mismatch?

Thanks

Will

Oct 10, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #248 of 266
Heads up. I just cracked the back of my Nexus 4 while setting it down on my desk outside of it's bumper case to switch SIMs from my HTC One. Looks like plenty of back panels available on Ebay for about $60USD but none in white, just black. BE GENTLE when you're setting you're phone down on something outside of the case. Luckily with the bumper case on you can't see the small crack near the top but still. Pain the ass. 

Oct 10, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #249 of 266
Yeah that's the one thing I really hate about the N4. Whoever called for the glass back was completely ignoring both ergonomics and durability; I would've been fine with a soft touch/matte plastic as long as it felt like quality, like the new N7.

Quote:
  Heads up. I just cracked the back of my Nexus 4 while setting it down on my desk outside of it's bumper case to switch SIMs from my HTC One. Looks like plenty of back panels available on Ebay for about $60USD but none in white, just black. BE GENTLE when you're setting you're phone down on something outside of the case. Luckily with the bumper case on you can't see the small crack near the top but still. Pain the ass. 

Oct 10, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #250 of 266
Official announcement of the new Nexus phone on Tuesday along with the 4.4 rollout. I'm hoping the new phone has the same 24-bit 192khz DAC as its supposed cousin, the LG G2.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Oct 10, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #251 of 266
What source is th

Oct 10, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #252 of 266
Official announcement of the new Nexus phone on Tuesday along with the 4.4 rollout. I'm hoping the new phone has the same 24-bit 192khz DAC as its supposed cousin, the LG G2.

What source did you get that from?

Oct 10, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #253 of 266
The LG service manual leaked last week. Hardware is the same as the G2. The LG rep at work was touting the G2s DAC as one of its selling points (yeah I sell phones). Information on the Tuesday release for 4.4 and announcement of the new phone has been on CNET and Phone arena since this morning. Or afternoon. I sleep late on days off.

Oct 10, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #254 of 266
The LG service manual leaked last week. Hardware is the same as the G2. The LG rep at work was touting the G2s DAC as one of its selling points (yeah I sell phones). Information on the Tuesday release for 4.4 and announcement of the new phone has been on CNET and Phone arena since this morning. Or afternoon. I sleep late on days off.

Right so the sound quality will be on par? I know the camera on the G2 has been downgraded.

Oct 10, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #255 of 266
I HOPE the sound quality will be on par. It's too soon to say. I'm having trouble finding the service manual again as LG asked a lot of sites to take it down. The G2 actually has a really good camera, I got to try it out for a few days. The new Nexus on the other hand will have an 8 mega pixel camera and probably won't be much of an upgrade over the Nexus 4. That's a shame. The camera is the only reason why sometimes I'll leave the house with my HTC One and not my Nexus. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back